Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    715 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 33 Times in 33 Posts

Re: Upper Delaware River Fly Fishing

Ok but that is different than what you described. What you described below requires you to have some level of knowledge about the Facebook user. BTW that type of attack is really not much different than exposing information on any site including our Beloved NEFF

Quote Originally Posted by G Lech View Post
    O.K your smart I'll buy it.

Lucky for me I'm too cool for facebook anyway.

---------- Post added at 08:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:51 AM ----------

I think your better with computers than you claim to be.

"Angling is extremely time consuming. That's sort of the whole point." - Thomas McGuane

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    451 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 35 Times in 24 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AKSkim View Post
    Oh wait.. we have the Grand Wizard of N.E.F.F. to post PM's on here.

Maybe Grand Wizard Stewart should join that other chapter becuase he will fit right in over there with them.

What do you get if you cross a river with an inflatable wizard ?
    To the other side !

So lets continue with what we've always been doing...Using beetle as the basis of our jokes and walk all over him...

1st he made a blog that was as successful as a pregnant nun.

Then he claimed to destory NEFF...That too worked real well. so well, it drew more followers.

He claimed to be some RRTU chair then quit because it got to hard...Or was that JU that got hard?

NOw he is claiming to be a grand wizard... Silly jew.

Careful where you put your staff, beetle, poor Johnny Mudbucket dont want no staff infection in his fudge tunnel...

FOR THE HATERS, HOW TO FISH BEADS!!!!!

http://www.njflyfishing.com/vBulleti...sssssssss.html

Blog Entries
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 9 Times in 8 Posts

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by MACFLY View Post
    Ok but that is different than what you described. What you described below requires you to have some level of knowledge about the Facebook user. BTW that type of attack is really not much different than exposing information on any site including our Beloved NEFF
    Not true that is just one scenario. I had no basic information about my wife’s friend when I started.

There are ways to protect yourself from “Mayhem like me”

Use multiple email accounts
    1 for social networking.
    1 for a spam dump (if a online store needs a email address)
    A secure email address for online banking , PayPal, credit card statement……
    A secure email address for job hunting.

Use strong Passwords, change passwords, every 3 months.

Do not use the same password for anything!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Use obscure answers to security questions.

"Hatchery fish have the same colors, but they always seem muted like bad reproductions of great art." Bill Barich

4. The Following User Says Thank You to tomfly For This Useful Post:

AKSkim (03-07-2012)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    451 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 35 Times in 24 Posts

I can hack all your sorry asses right now. Well, maybe for AK. He seems like the type that surfs the web from his panic room, in the dark, with software deleting his cookies and changing his passwords every .3 seconds...

But the majority of us have had the same password for years and have the same "whats your mother's maiden name" security questions...
    I just need your IP addy and I can gain access to just about anything that would ruin your life.

Getting your IP address is easier than ordering a small coffee from Dunkin Donuts...

FOR THE HATERS, HOW TO FISH BEADS!!!!!

http://www.njflyfishing.com/vBulleti...sssssssss.html

Blog Entries
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    715 Posts
    Chats
    Groans

Um tomfly

You stated below that friending folks 20 years ago and providing some information opens the door. Ok you are not very forthcoming but your original statement was the account in question was marked private. I'm jut saying you didn't hack Facebook directly based on what you described. The advice you give is sound but again it's no different than just about any site like NEFF. What you are describing is sound advice for anyone that goes online these days
    Quote Originally Posted by tomfly View Post
    Not true that is just one scenario. I had no basic information about my wife’s friend when I started.

There are ways to protect yourself from “Mayhem like me”

Use multiple email accounts
    1 for social networking.
    1 for a spam dump (if a online store needs a email address)
    A secure email address for online banking , PayPal, credit card statement……
    A secure email address for job hunting.

Use strong Passwords, change passwords, every 3 months.

Do not use the same password for anything!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Use obscure answers to security questions.

"Angling is extremely time consuming. That's sort of the whole point." - Thomas McGuane

Blog Entries
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts
    Chats
    Groans

Um tomfly

You stated below that friending folks 20 years ago and providing some information opens the door. Ok you are not very forthcoming but your original statement was the account in question was marked private. I'm jut saying you didn't hack Facebook directly based on what you described. The advice you give is sound but again it's no different than just about any site like NEFF. What you are describing is sound advice for anyone that goes online these days

Mac I am just saying you may have known that person in HS 20 years ago, but you have know idea what their intentions are now. 99.99% of the time it is benign. There is that chance they have malicious intent. That is what you need to be concerned about. So by securing your Accounts as I listed. You can protect yourself from that to some degree. Your best bet is do not use social networking. If you do, use a screen name like we do on here.

---------- Post added at 11:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:31 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Simms View Post
    I can hack all your sorry asses right now. Well, maybe for AK. He seems like the type that surfs the web from his panic room, in the dark, with software deleting his cookies and changing his passwords every .3 seconds...

But the majority of us have had the same password for years and have the same "whats your mother's maiden name" security questions...
    I just need your IP addy and I can gain access to just about anything that would ruin your life.

Getting your IP address is easier than ordering a small coffee from Dunkin Donuts...
    There is more to it then that.

"Hatchery fish have the same colors, but they always seem muted like bad reproductions of great art." Bill Barich

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    392 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 9 Times in 9 Posts

I don't see why its so hard to believe that Facebook gets hacked, it happens quite frequently. Zuckerberg's account was hacked last year. Look at what you guys post on this site. Pictures of yourselves, your cars (most of the crap you own, some of you), where you live, where you go, when you'll go, who you go with, etc. No need to get this information from Facebook, its here already.

Roll up the windows Brian, you're letting the stank out.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Trout Nazi For This Useful Post:

tomfly (03-07-2012)

Blog Entries
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts
    Chats
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Trout Nazi View Post
    I don't see why its so hard to believe that Facebook gets hacked, it happens quite frequently. Zuckerberg's account was hacked last year. Look at what you guys post on this site. Pictures of yourselves, your cars (most of the crap you own, some of you), where you live, where you go, when you'll go, who you go with, etc. No need to get this information from Facebook, its here already.
    Smith and Wesson makes a good guard dog.

Blog Entries
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    715 Posts
    Chats
    Groans

Who said Facebook was safe. Never said it was. To your point if you are online you are exposed.

Quote Originally Posted by Trout Nazi View Post

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    491 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 24 Times in 22 Posts

To your point if you are online you are exposed.
    Mac exposes himself online...

John
    Some circumstantial evidence is very strong, as when you find a trout in the milk.--Henry David Thoreau

Blog Entries
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts
    Chats
    Groans

Who said Facebook was safe. Never said it was. To your point if you are online you are exposed.
    That is true to some extent but it is way more difficult to breach a computer then an online account. Computer protection software and hardware is very reliable today. You need some skill to breach a PC or a Server.

Blog Entries
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    536 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 13 Times in 12 Posts

Well... I'll have all of you know that I use the same password for everything. It's been the same thing for the past 10-15 years now.

Quote Originally Posted by tomfly View Post
    Not true that is just one scenario. I had no basic information about my wife’s friend when I started. There are ways to protect yourself from “Mayhem like me” Use multiple email accounts 1 for social networking. 1 for a spam dump (if a online store needs a email address) A secure email address for online banking , PayPal, credit card statement…… A secure email address for job hunting. Use strong Passwords, change passwords, every 3 months. Do not use the same password for anything!!!!!!!!!!!!! Use obscure answers to security questions.

Pictures taken before/after/during fly fishing:
    http://dcabarle.smugmug.com/Sports/F...79119552_XXeHe

Thread Information