Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 1 Time in 1 Post

Re: Upper Delaware River Fly Fishing

Quote Originally Posted by lightenup View Post
    I never understood the game rock band...why waste time trying to play a fake instrument when you can waste time playing a real one!!!
    SOOOOO true!! I dont even like to play songs already concieved, yet alone playing them with a FAKE guitar! All the music i play and record with my friends are our own creations. Most of it isnt good by any means (mostly because were all drinking), but atleast we have pride in what we do..

These games and the entire realm of facebook are degernerating our society and must be stopped at all costs!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    807 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 40 Times in 37 Posts

I gotta rethink this..I think I need a facebook account..... More importantly the world needs me to open a facebook account.

Hell no and it aint over now.......

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trouser Trout For This Useful Post:

MACFLY (03-06-2012), WBDluver (03-07-2012)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Spinner View Post
    If anyone monitors my facebook page, I can assure you they'll be bored to tears and find absolutely nothing I am ashamed of! BTW, you don't have to set your security settings so everyone can see your posts/info, you can be much tighter with your info on facebook. The funny thing is that some of you posting how you'd never have a facebook account post things on here that would get many of you fired and most of us know your actual names
    Facebook is free for users because they we're all grouped and profiled so advertisers can try and sell us stuff...in real time btw. Go look at a shoe on zappos or some other site then all you see are shoe ads...

Seems like we're all shopping for go gopro cameras.

Blog Entries
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 9 Times in 8 Posts

Here is one of the problems with Facebook / Twitter and Social networking sites. Part of my employment duties is to attempt to breach new system that my company wants to bring online. The security team attempts to hack the system to insure it integrity. The technique we use is called ethical hacking. If we can not breach the system is ok to deploy. If we can the problems have to be resolved. There are some members of the team that are impressive at it. I am not one of them. I am very novice at it. We fully understand that no system is un-hackable. We do try to make it very difficult to breach the system.

My wifeís friend was over our house. She was attempting to get my wife to join Facebook. I explained numerous times to my wife why that is a bad idea. I could tell that my wife was getting frustrated with her friend. I ask my wifeís friend to come and sit at the computer with me. My wifeís friendís Facebook account is set to private. I truly suck a hacking. I am not kidding. Just using a web-browser, no suffocated software or hardware, in 10 minuets I was able to hijack her email account, Facebook account and online bank account. With just gathering some basic information she posted on Facebook. Did you ever see someone turn ghost white? It is not pretty sight. I told her that is why we donít use online social networking.

"Hatchery fish have the same colors, but they always seem muted like bad reproductions of great art." Bill Barich

Blog Entries
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    716 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 33 Times in 33 Posts

I'm not sure how you were able to get basic information if her account was set to private. I could see how you would be able to do it if she did not have it set to private but please illuminate me cause that would be a massive back door IMHO.
    Quote Originally Posted by tomfly View Post
    Here is one of the problems with Facebook / Twitter and Social networking sites. Part of my employment duties is to attempt to breach new system that my company wants to bring online. The security team attempts to hack the system to insure it integrity. The technique we use is called ethical hacking. If we can not breach the system is ok to deploy. If we can the problems have to be resolved. There are some members of the team that are impressive at it. I am not one of them. I am very novice at it. We fully understand that no system is un-hackable. We do try to make it very difficult to breach the system.

My wifeís friend was over our house. She was attempting to get my wife to join Facebook. I explained numerous times to my wife why that is a bad idea. I could tell that my wife was getting frustrated with her friend. I ask my wifeís friend to come and sit at the computer with me. My wifeís friendís Facebook account is set to private. I truly suck a hacking. I am not kidding. Just using a web-browser, no suffocated software or hardware, in 10 minuets I was able to hijack her email account, Facebook account and online bank account. With just gathering some basic information she posted on Facebook. Did you ever see someone turn ghost white? It is not pretty sight. I told her that is why we donít use online social networking.

"Angling is extremely time consuming. That's sort of the whole point." - Thomas McGuane

Corner of grey street and the end of the world
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    725 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 6 Times in 6 Posts

My wife’s friend was over our house. She was attempting to get my wife to join Facebook. I explained numerous times to my wife why that is a bad idea. I could tell that my wife was getting frustrated with her friend. I ask my wife’s friend to come and sit at the computer with me. My wife’s friend’s Facebook account is set to private. I truly suck a hacking. I am not kidding. Just using a web-browser, no suffocated software or hardware, in 10 minuets I was able to hijack her email account, Facebook account and online bank account. With just gathering some basic information she posted on Facebook. Did you ever see someone turn ghost white? It is not pretty sight. I told her that is why we don’t use online social networking.

Two scenario's here:

1. Your a better hacker than you claim to be

Or

2. BULLSHIT!!

If it was that easy I'm pretty sure those Kenyans who hang on craig list trying to scam people would of figured this out.

Blog Entries
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts
    Chats
    Groans

Third party websites show postes from Facebook

"Hatchery fish have the same colors, but they always seem muted like bad reproductions of great art." Bill Barich

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,068 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 11 Times in 11 Posts

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

I told her that is why we donít use online social networking.
    Outstanding post Tom !!!

I never joined Facebook because it was a social net work and here I just thought it was for Commies.

Course that always made me anti-social ... ist.

Can Petey-Po hack into our PM's using that?

Oh wait.. we have the Grand Wizard of N.E.F.F. to post PM's on here.

Maybe Grand Wizard Stewart should join that other chapter becuase he will fit right in over there with them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    725 Posts
    Chats
    Groans

Third party websites show postes from Facebook
    Ok.........

I'd really like to try and understand this....

Blog Entries
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    536 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 13 Times in 12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MACFLY View Post
    I'm not sure how you were able to get basic information if her account was set to private. I could see how you would be able to do it if she did not have it set to private but please illuminate me cause that would be a massive back door IMHO.
    There is a huge back door and it's not too hard to find.

Pictures taken before/after/during fly fishing:
    http://dcabarle.smugmug.com/Sports/F...79119552_XXeHe

Blog Entries
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts
    Chats
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by G Lech View Post
    Two scenario's here:

1. Your a better hacker than you claim to be

Or

2. BULLSHIT!!
    I am not going to divulge how I did it. I will say this friending people you knew 20 years ago in high school ,already know some basic information about you. Giving them more information is like giving the keys to the kingdom.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    725 Posts
    Chats
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by dcabarle View Post
    There is a huge back door and it's not too hard to find.
    O.K your smart I'll buy it.

Lucky for me I'm too cool for facebook anyway.

---------- Post added at 08:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:51 AM ----------

I am not going to divulge how I did it. I will say this friending people you knew 20 years ago in high school ,already know some basic information about you. Giving them more information is like giving the keys to the kingdom.

I think your better with computers than you claim to be.

Thread Information