Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    134 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

Fly Swap - Favorite Spring Pattern

Well there has been a lot of talk of fly swaps but none has been held this year on this board and it's time to get one started and going. This swap will be for your favorite spring pattern. It can be dry's, wet flies, streamers, emergers and so on. Long as it's your favorite fly to use in spring, Sign-up will be now through Wednesday February 29, 2012. The swap is open to the first thirteen tyers that sign up and no more. If the swap is completely full then every tyers has to tye a total of 12 flies and will receive 12 different flies in return. Flies are to be completed and sent to my home address no later than March 30, 2012. If everyone completes their flies sooner and I have every ones flies, then I will sort them and mail them out to all. I will provide my Home address to all after the sign-up deadline or the swap fills sooner. When Signing up, please let me know what pattern that you will be tying. If your not sure at the time of sign-up then please let me know as soon as possible. This swap is open to all tyers of all levels, so beginners do not be afraid to join. Swaps are fun and as I always said a learning experience to all.

Okay with that being said and rules applied, In the swap so far are the following tyers:

1) Andy Brasko - Tying the Blue Dun Wet Fly
    2) pitbull - Tying The Usual
    3) Trout Fever - TBD
    4) tomk6251 - TBD
    5) AKSkim - Tying the Yellow Stimulator

Only 8 more spots open.

Similar Threads:

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Andy B For This Useful Post:

Trout Fever (02-18-2012)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 2 Times in 1 Post

Re: Fly Swap - Favorite Spring Pattern

im in..tying the famous Fran Betters pattern...........the Usual.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to pitbull For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    134 Posts
    Chats
    Groans

Hi pitbull, welcome to the swap. Frans Better's pattern is really nice and has accounted for numerous amounts of fish caught. I am not sure if I like this one or the Hay Stacks better.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    490 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 9 Times in 8 Posts

im in Andy ill let you know the pattern

TF

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 3 Times in 3 Posts

I'd like in, Andy, but not sure what RRTU is gonna teach me during the next 2 fly tying nights. Tom

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 68 Times in 58 Posts

Andy, I thought you were tying for my swap?

If not, let me remove your name from the list.

And, Andy, I got no hard feelings....

In fact, I will give you both Trout Beaver and Tomk6251 for your swap.

Ah yes...

Those two Benedict Arnold's didnt need any pushing out the door from Beetle.

Bye bye, Beaver.

Nobody wants your flies anyway.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by golden beetle View Post
    Those two Benedict Arnold's didnt need any pushing out the door from Beetle
    I believe it was a revolving door. You're in. You're OUT. Ok, you're in...NOPE - you're out. At last count, I think I was out...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    490 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 9 Times in 8 Posts

tom you dont have to explain yourself to him hes a knuckle head once he realizes his following isnt that strong he will crumble

TF

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Trout Fever For This Useful Post:

tomk6251 (02-19-2012)

Corner of grey street and the end of the world
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    725 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 6 Times in 6 Posts

Andy,

Your scheduling a fly swap the same time as GB? Aren't you in GB's?
    I'd like to join your swap but I don't think I can tie all those flies. LOL
    GB's swap is going to be cool I think some the flies are going to be donated to T.U.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    134 Posts
    Chats
    Groans

Hi Tomk6251, Trout Fever & AKSkim:

Thanks for joining the swap, All three of you are in. Only 8 more slots open to fill the swap

---------- Post added at 10:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 PM ----------

Hi GB and G Lech:

Here is what I hate, swaps are open to every one and if we are going to discourage others from participating then it should never be publicly posted here on the site. Also telling people there out then in and then out is way to confusing and not promoting what a true fly swap is suppose to be, FUN. Flies swaps are fun and a learning experience not to mention the pressure that one puts on themselves to try and tye flies that every one is going to like, You had this problem really bad last year and you overcame it. If the swap is for select members only fine. I do not disaprove of this. But rubbing peoples noses in it is pretty low. If you know me and what I stand for far as tying, then you know that I teach all the time to those who want to learn for free. I also include all levels of tyers in my swaps and also try to answer questions or calm them down when they get a little nervous of tying and having to show their work off in public. Right now I am on the fence with your swap at the moment and do not even know what the swap is all about and now flies being donated to TU. I do not have an issue with you, but I do not stand for lack of direction and tying for a different purpose and at this point do not even understand the purpose of this event. If you want some flies donated to TU, I will tye them and be on my way. Please understand I do not tye for competition sake nor care too. That is just me.

Sincerely
    Andy Brasko

P.S. Trout Fever & Tomk6251 are both my friends and will gladly take them in one of my swaps any day.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Andy B For This Useful Post:

tomk6251 (02-19-2012), Trout Fever (02-18-2012)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 68 Times in 58 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by A Brasko Fly Tyer View Post
    Hi Tomk6251, Trout Fever & AKSkim:

Thanks for joining the swap, All three of you are in. Only 8 more slots open to fill the swap

---------- Post added at 10:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 PM ----------

Hi GB and G Lech:

Here is what I hate, swaps are open to every one and if we are going to discourage others from participating then it should never be publicly posted here on the site. Also telling people there out then in and then out is way to confusing and not promoting what a true fly swap is suppose to be, FUN. Flies swaps are fun and a learning experience not to mention the pressure that one puts on themselves to try and tye flies that every one is going to like, You had this problem really bad last year and you overcame it. If the swap is for select members only fine. I do not disaprove of this. But rubbing peoples noses in it is pretty low. If you know me and what I stand for far as tying, then you know that I teach all the time to those who want to learn for free. I also include all levels of tyers in my swaps and also try to answer questions or calm them down when they get a little nervous of tying and having to show their work off in public. Right now I am on the fence with your swap at the moment and do not even know what the swap is all about and now flies being donated to TU. I do not have an issue with you, but I do not stand for lack of direction and tying for a different purpose and at this point do not even understand the purpose of this event. If you want some flies donated to TU, I will tye them and be on my way. Please understand I do not tye for competition sake nor care too. That is just me.

Sincerely
    Andy Brasko

P.S. Trout Fever & Tomk6251 are both my friends and will gladly take them in one of my swaps any day.
    Andy B, my swap is a go.

I want you involved.

And, let me clarify a few things.

Tomk6251 and Trout Fever?

I sent them PM's explaining that THEY WERE IN and the whole "You're in - You're out" thing was a lark.

You've seen Trout Fever's flies, right?

So, you can't say that my swap wasn't open to poor tyers.

It just happened that a lot of highly skilled guys signed up real quick.

An I thank you, and the rest...

That said, I got nothing against trout fever.

I even offered the other day (via PM) to bring Trout Fever along on my float trip with Joe D this May.

The only person taking this seriously, besides perhaps you, is...

Well, take a guess.

He's one of your tyers.

But my swap is a definite go.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    134 Posts
    Chats
    Groans

Well there has been a lot of talk of fly swaps but none has been held this year on this board and it's time to get one started and going. This swap will be for your favorite spring pattern. It can be dry's, wet flies, streamers, emergers and so on. Long as it's your favorite fly to use in spring, Sign-up will be now through Wednesday February 29, 2012. The swap is open to the first thirteen tyers that sign up and no more. If the swap is completely full then every tyers has to tye a total of 12 flies and will receive 12 different flies in return. Flies are to be completed and sent to my home address no later than March 30, 2012. If everyone completes their flies sooner and I have every ones flies, then I will sort them and mail them out to all. I will provide my Home address to all after the sign-up deadline or the swap fills sooner. When Signing up, please let me know what pattern that you will be tying. If your not sure at the time of sign-up then please let me know as soon as possible. This swap is open to all tyers of all levels, so beginners do not be afraid to join. Swaps are fun and as I always said a learning experience to all.

Okay with that being said and rules applied, In the swap so far are the following tyers:

1) Andy Brasko - Tying the Blue Dun Wet Fly
    2) pitbull - Tying The Usual
    3) Trout Fever - TBD
    4) tomk6251 - TBD
    5) AKSkim - Tying the Yellow Stimulator

Only 8 more spots open.

Thread Information