Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    162 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

Re: Fly Swap - Favorite Spring Pattern

Andy. I'd like to be part of your fly swap.

Put me in for the parachute Ausable Wulff.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P2070033.jpg 
Views:	275 
Size:	265.2 KB 
ID:	6611

"The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. When you can fake that, you've got it made."

Blog Entries
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 3 Times in 3 Posts

andy,

you did nothing wrong starting this swap. i'd like to join in and will tie a simple but effective brown hackle peacock

thanks,

norm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 3 Times in 3 Posts

OK, Andy, if all are okay with this, i'd like to do the EZPrince, as tied by Al and Gretchen Beatty. It is my favorite, since I caught my first wild trout on it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    490 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 9 Times in 8 Posts

great choice tom im still undecided

TF

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 68 Times in 58 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Trout Fever View Post
    great choice tom im still undecided
    This should be renamed the DoucheBag Swap.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    134 Posts
    Chats
    Groans

Hi Barleywine & flytire, Welcome aboard and your both in the swap. Thanks for joining. I have you patterns and will list them along with both of you to the swap list. Both patterns you guys mentioned are great.
    Tomk6251, thanks for the pattern and I will update the list. The swap was about your favorite Spring pattern so it sounds like the EZPrince fits perfectly. Nothing better than tying a pattern that you like to fish with for a swap.

---------- Post added at 10:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:11 AM ----------

Well there has been a lot of talk of fly swaps but none has been held this year on this board and it's time to get one started and going. This swap will be for your favorite spring pattern. It can be dry's, wet flies, streamers, emergers and so on. Long as it's your favorite fly to use in spring, Sign-up will be now through Wednesday February 29, 2012. The swap is open to the first thirteen tyers that sign up and no more. If the swap is completely full then every tyers has to tye a total of 12 flies and will receive 12 different flies in return. Flies are to be completed and sent to my home address no later than March 30, 2012. If everyone completes their flies sooner and I have every ones flies, then I will sort them and mail them out to all. I will provide my Home address to all after the sign-up deadline or the swap fills sooner. When Signing up, please let me know what pattern that you will be tying. If your not sure at the time of sign-up then please let me know as soon as possible. This swap is open to all tyers of all levels, so beginners do not be afraid to join. Swaps are fun and as I always said a learning experience to all.

Okay with that being said and rules applied, In the swap so far are the following tyers:

1) Andy Brasko - Tying the Blue Dun Wet Fly
    2) pitbull - Tying The Usual
    3) Trout Fever - TBD
    4) tomk6251 - Tying the EZPrince
    5) AKSkim - Tying the Yellow Stimulator
    6) Barleywine - Tying the Parachute Ausable Wulf
    7) flytire - Tying the Brown Hackle Peacock

Only 6 more spots open.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 1 Time in 1 Post

Andy
    i would like enter this swap and tie a biot rusty spinner #12

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    134 Posts
    Chats
    Groans

Hi David G:

Thanks for joining the swap. Welcome a board. Nice pattern, I will add you and your pattern to the list.

---------- Post added at 11:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 AM ----------

Well there has been a lot of talk of fly swaps but none has been held this year on this board and it's time to get one started and going. This swap will be for your favorite spring pattern. It can be dry's, wet flies, streamers, emergers and so on. Long as it's your favorite fly to use in spring, Sign-up will be now through Wednesday February 29, 2012. The swap is open to the first thirteen tyers that sign up and no more. If the swap is completely full then every tyers has to tye a total of 12 flies and will receive 12 different flies in return. Flies are to be completed and sent to my home address no later than March 30, 2012. If everyone completes their flies sooner and I have every ones flies, then I will sort them and mail them out to all. I will provide my Home address to all after the sign-up deadline or the swap fills sooner. When Signing up, please let me know what pattern that you will be tying. If your not sure at the time of sign-up then please let me know as soon as possible. This swap is open to all tyers of all levels, so beginners do not be afraid to join. Swaps are fun and as I always said a learning experience to all.

Okay with that being said and rules applied, In the swap so far are the following tyers:

3) Trout Fever - TBD
    8) David G - Tying the Biot Rusty Spinner #12

Only 5 more spots open.

---------- Post added at 11:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:15 AM ----------

3) Trout Fever - TBD
    8) David G - Tying the Rusty Biot Spinner #12

Only 5 more spots open.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Chats
    Groans

Andy, I would like to enter. I would tie the LaFontaine Sparkle Pupa emerger for the Apple Caddis size 16.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    134 Posts
    Chats
    Groans

Hi babyblue, you are in and thanks for joining, I will add you and you pattern to the list of tyers.

---------- Post added at 01:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:05 PM ----------

3) Trout Fever - TBD
    9) babyblue - Tying the LaFontaine Sparkle Pupa emerger for the Apple Caddis size 16

Only 4 more spots open.

---------- Post added at 02:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:09 PM ----------

4 more spots left open and the swap is filled.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 68 Times in 58 Posts

Ok.

After a lot of thought I've decided to tie for this swap too.

Beetle will be tying the world famous jack-a-lope.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    134 Posts
    Chats
    Groans

Welcome aboard GB. Thanks for offerring to tye. I will add you to the list. The Jack-a-lope. I am not sure if I seen that one.

---------- Post added at 08:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:11 PM ----------

3) Trout Fever - TBD
    9) babyblue - Tying the LaFontaine Sparkle Pupa emerger for the Apple Caddis size 16
    10) Golden Beetle - Tying The Jack-a-Lope

Only 3 more spots open.

---------- Post added at 08:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:14 PM ----------

3) Trout Fever - TBD
    10) Golden Beetle Tying - The Jack-A-Lope

Only 3 more spots open.

Thread Information