Thomas & Thomas
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 49 to 60 of 62
  1. #49
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    new jersey near new york city
    Posts
    6,300
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,492
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,532
    Thanked in
    886 Posts
    Chats
    1145
    Groans
    87
    Groaned 69 Times in 59 Posts


    Re: Denny Carble fucking with Beetle's message

    Quote Originally Posted by golden beetle View Post
    Here are some quotes by Thomas Jefferson, the man who rewrote the bible (he took out the viegin birth, all the miracles, and the resurrection).

    Buy it from amazon!

    The Jefferson Bible, Smithsonian Edition: The Life and Morals of Jesus of Nazareth:Amazon:Books

    Trouser Trout believes that a man can REWRITE the bible and still be called a Christian!

    Here are some quotes of Jefferson's for those unconvinced by the fact that he went so far as to rewrote the bible!!!
    • “The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods or no God.”
    • “The serious enemies are the priests of the different religious sects to whose spells on the human mind its improvement is ominous.”
    • “I join you [John Adams], therefore, in sincere congratulations that this den of the priesthood is at length broken up, and that a Protestant Popedom is no longer to disgrace the American history and character.”
    • “In every country and in every age the priest [any and every clergyman] has been hostile to liberty; he is always in alliance with the despot, abetting his abuses in return for protection to his own.”
    • “I have recently been examining all the known superstitions of the world, and do not find in our particular superstition [Christianity] one redeeming feature. They are all alike, founded upon fables and mythologies.”
    • “His [Calvin's] religion was demonism. If ever man worshiped a false God, he did.”
    • “Their [Presbyterian’s] ambition and tyranny would tolerate no rival if they had power.”
    • “It is not to be understood that I am with him [Jesus] in all his doctrines. I am a Materialist.”
    • “It is error alone which needs the support of government. Truth can stand by itself.”
    • “If by religion, we are to understand sectarian dogmas, in which no two of them agree, then your [John Adams’] exclamation on that hypothesis is just, ‘that this would be the best of worlds if there were no religion in it’.”
    • Christianity neither is, nor ever was apart of the common law. Feb. 10, 1814
    • “Christian creeds and doctrines, the clergy's own fatal inventions, through all the ages has made of Christendom a slaughterhouse, and divided it into sects of inextinguishable hatred for one another.” (Letter to Thomas Whittemore, June 5, 1822)
    • In support of Thomas Paine:
      • “No writer has exceeded Paine in ease and familiarity of style, in perspicuity of expression, happiness of elucidation, and in simple and unassuming language.”
      • “That you may live long to continue your useful labors, and reap the reward in the thankfulness of nations, is my sincere prayer. Accept the assurances of my high esteem and affectionate attachment.” (letter to Thomas Paine written after publication of Age of Reason)
    I thought I'd quote myself so the recOrd is straight: Jefferson was no Christian.

    Once we all agree tO this, then we shall proceed to Washington, Adams, Madison, and Franklin.


  2. #50
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Hoboken
    Posts
    634
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    108
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    196
    Thanked in
    138 Posts
    Chats
    11
    Groans
    6
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts


    Re: Denny Carble fucking with Beetle's message

    What, according to you, makes someone a christian? What do you know about it?

    Im curious GB, what were you raised as? Did your family have any religious beliefs?


  3. #51
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    new jersey near new york city
    Posts
    6,300
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,492
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,532
    Thanked in
    886 Posts
    Chats
    1145
    Groans
    87
    Groaned 69 Times in 59 Posts


    Re: Denny Carble fucking with Beetle's message

    Quote Originally Posted by emoussa View Post
    What, according to you, makes someone a christian? What do you know about it?

    Im curious GB, what were you raised as? Did your family have any religious beliefs?
    I don't think Thomas Jefferson can be considered a Christian.

    First, he explicitly said he was not.

    Second, he rewrote the Bible, removing all of the miracles. No virgin birth, no raising the dead, no curing the blind, and no resurrection.

    Third, he said this:

    • “I have recently been examining all the known superstitions of the world, and do not find in our particular superstition [Christianity] one redeeming feature. They are all alike, founded upon fables and mythologies.”

    Am I a Christian?

    Certainly not.

    I'm with Jefferson on this one, and John Adams.

    And Thomas Paine.

    And Ben Franklin.

    I also respect James Madison's views of religion.

    And between Jefferson and Madison, we've got the writers of the declaration of independence and the Constitution.


  4. #52
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Hoboken
    Posts
    634
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    108
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    196
    Thanked in
    138 Posts
    Chats
    11
    Groans
    6
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts


    Re: Denny Carble fucking with Beetle's message

    are you Jewish, GB?


  5. #53
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    new jersey near new york city
    Posts
    6,300
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,492
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,532
    Thanked in
    886 Posts
    Chats
    1145
    Groans
    87
    Groaned 69 Times in 59 Posts


    Re: Denny Carble fucking with Beetle's message

    Quote Originally Posted by emoussa View Post
    are you Jewish, GB?
    No, but I was thinking about the irony that Jesus is the Jewish Messiah.

    He came to deliver the Jewish people, no?

    Only, the Jewish people don't believe in Christ.

    Probably because the evidence suggests that, well, things got WORSE for them after Christ's life ended.

    A few hundred thousand were crucified by the Romans.

    And, well, the Holocaust was pretty bad too.

    Nothing to joke about.

    Unless you believe that Jesus was, in fact, the Jewish Messiah.

    And that Jesus saved the Jews!?

    NOT!

    Trouser Trout is a bit ridiculous in every regard.

    To joke about the Holocaust, for a Christian, seems especially ludicrous in light of the Christian view that Jesus was the Jewish Messiah.

    And seems to highlight that the Jewish people have not, in fact, been saved by ANY Messiah....

    But Trouser Trout is a peculiar fellow.

    Threatening to harm me and my family.

    In the name of God.

    Allthewhile joking about the Holocaust - which does more to damage the notion that Christ was the Jewish Messiah than ANYTHING I could possibly do.

    And believing that a guy (Thomas Jefferson) who said this is, uh, a Christian:

    “Christian creeds and doctrines, the clergy's own fatal inventions, through all the ages has made of Christendom a slaughterhouse, and divided it into sects of inextinguishable hatred for one another.” (Letter to Thomas Whittemore, June 5, 1822)


  6. #54
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Roselle Park, New Jersey, United States
    Posts
    5,642
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    803
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,126
    Thanked in
    551 Posts
    Chats
    1454
    Groans
    17
    Groaned 13 Times in 12 Posts


    Re: Denny Carble fucking with Beetle's message

    Quote Originally Posted by tomfly View Post
    There are no vegetarians either don’t let them fool you. You lock a Vegan in a room for 4 days with no food just water. On the fifth day put a nice juicy steak in front of them and see if they still tell you they are a Vegan.
    Two completely different analogy's. Yours, Tomfly, makes perfect sense.

    Lonewolf, I'm sure yours makes sense to quiet a few people as well and I'm ok with that. I can guarantee you, I'm not one of the "quite a few people".

    Pictures taken before/after/during fly fishing:
    http://dcabarle.smugmug.com/Sports/F...79119552_XXeHe

  7. #55
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Hoboken
    Posts
    634
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    108
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    196
    Thanked in
    138 Posts
    Chats
    11
    Groans
    6
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts


    Re: Denny Carble fucking with Beetle's message

    Quote Originally Posted by golden beetle View Post

    Only, the Jewish people don't believe in Christ.

    Probably because the evidence suggest that, well, things got WORSE for them after Christ's life ended.
    At the time, the jews had been living under constant oppression and were looking for a warrior savior to free them. They were looking for someone who overthrow the Romans, to lead them in a war against their oppressors and establish their kingdom on earth.

    Instead what they got was a poor man who preached peace, forgiveness and love. A man who told them not to judge one another, hold grudges or value material wealth on earth. This was exactly the opposite of what they were expecting and that is why some did not consider him a savior.


  8. #56
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    new jersey near new york city
    Posts
    6,300
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,492
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,532
    Thanked in
    886 Posts
    Chats
    1145
    Groans
    87
    Groaned 69 Times in 59 Posts


    Re: Denny Carble fucking with Beetle's message

    Quote Originally Posted by emoussa View Post
    At the time, the jews had been living under constant oppression and were looking for a warrior savior to free them. They were looking for someone who overthrow the Romans, to lead them in a war against their oppressors and establish their kingdom on earth.

    Instead what they got was a poor man who preached peace, forgiveness and love. A man who told them not to judge one another, hold grudges or value material wealth on earth. This was exactly the opposite of what they were expecting and that is why some did not consider him a savior.
    Emoussa, this is why I love you like a brother.

    You're like a fishing hippy.

    That smoked way too much weed.

    And probably was dropped on his head.

    BRAINS.... BRAINS!!!

    In fact, Emoussa, I've found a study that correlates BORN AGAIN CHRISTIANITY with brain damage.

    A medical study...

    HMMMM!!


  9. #57
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Hoboken
    Posts
    634
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    108
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    196
    Thanked in
    138 Posts
    Chats
    11
    Groans
    6
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts


    Re: Denny Carble fucking with Beetle's message

    And I also love you like a brother, GB

    Your like a hero to me

    You were a great successful lawyer

    And now you teach elementary school in the bronx

    In fact, now that I think about it, your a lot like Jesus!


  10. #58
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    new jersey near new york city
    Posts
    6,300
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,492
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,532
    Thanked in
    886 Posts
    Chats
    1145
    Groans
    87
    Groaned 69 Times in 59 Posts


    Re: Denny Carble fucking with Beetle's message

    Quote Originally Posted by emoussa View Post
    And I also love you like a brother, GB

    Your like a hero to me

    You were a great successful lawyer

    And now you teach elementary school in the bronx

    In fact, now that I think about it, your a lot like Jesus!
    Emoussa, I do love you like a brother.

    And you are a good Christian.

    Good testimony.

    Better than the guy that threatened me and my family.


  11. #59
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Hoboken
    Posts
    634
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    108
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    196
    Thanked in
    138 Posts
    Chats
    11
    Groans
    6
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts


    Re: Denny Carble fucking with Beetle's message

    Quote Originally Posted by golden beetle View Post

    In fact, Emoussa, I've found a study that correlates BORN AGAIN CHRISTIANITY with brain damage.

    A medical study...

    HMMMM!!
    Actually, I could believe that, on account of all the substance abuse that took place before the "rebirth."


    GB, I think you have to wrong idea about me. I don't believe in any organized religion. I don't know anything about God, his will, or what he is or isn't. I consider those issue's to be way more than I or any other person is capable of understanding, so I don't pretend to. I just don't understand why atheist think they have the answer when they have the same amount of proof as theists. Furthermore, I don't understand why it's always Jesus and Christianity that you losers seem to target. I think the other two major religions are guilty of way more nonsense in the name of God in recent years, but nobody wants to talk about that.


  12. The Following User Says Thank You to emoussa For This Useful Post:

    Trouser Trout (01-20-2012)

  13. #60
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    new jersey near new york city
    Posts
    6,300
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,492
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,532
    Thanked in
    886 Posts
    Chats
    1145
    Groans
    87
    Groaned 69 Times in 59 Posts


    Re: Denny Carble fucking with Beetle's message

    I just gotta wonder why a good Christian like Trouser Trout would threaten me and my family?

    I wonder if Christians may have been HURTING people throughout history, in the name of Jesus?

    Can you say...

    AUTO DA FE?


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Thread Participants: 14

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •