Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

Delaware release plan

Any news on a new plan getting put in place? The FFMP expires on June 1st and it sounded like the white paper plan has some momentum a few weeks back. No news makes me nervous!

Similar Threads:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    490 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 9 Times in 8 Posts

Re: Delaware release plan

the plan would be worthless with all this rain ...

TF

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 26 Times in 25 Posts

There was an announcement a few weeks ago. A tentative plan has been approved in the back, smoke-filled rooms of the Decree parties and needs to be formally voted on. They blew off the White Paper, no surprise there. Whatever this new plan will be, which is more of a tweak of the FFMP, it will still leave NY City far more water than they'll ever need, even in a drought. Here is the link to the NJ DEP press release I put out when it was first issued:

http://www.njflyfishing.com/vBulleti...announced.html

A sinking fly is closer to Hell - ​Unknown

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Chats
    Groans

I was told that a plan similar to the white paper was still on the table. That press release from a few months back does not give any details. Do we have any idea what he flows will be?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Chats
    Groans

I was told by a reliable source in the know, that PA is holding up the new agreement because they want to look further to see if they can incorporate some of the ideas in the white paper into the current FFMP, this was a week ago.

A good well with a trouble-free delivery system is more comfort than a healthy bank account... water will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no water.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Kilgour Farms For This Useful Post:

Rusty Spinner (05-27-2011)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts
    Chats
    Groans

Hey guys,

As is typical of the decree parties, a final vote will take place at the 11th hours.

The new OST plan has many nice features and incorporates some of the ideas of the white paper. There are also drawbacks, as with any plan.

This will be for one year and will be fully evaluated over that time frame. It will be important continue to move forward, as one year is a very short time span to evaluate and improve the OST.

The latest version of OST differs from the white paper in a couple of areas. Proposed releases on the East Branch and Neversink are somewhat less than the white paper. Personally, I would like to see a bit more on the East Branch, but I think the Neversink is pretty good.

The West Branch releases are going to be about the same as the white paper. That is a summer release in the 500 to 550 range.

One major difference is that under OST there are several factors that determine the level of release, whereas the White Paper release table is dependant on reservoir levels only. OST also looks at weather and NYC diversions. OST will perform better in some situations and the white paper would in others. Overall operation on the West Branch will be similar between the two.

The OST manages to keep the system out of declared drought a bit better than the White Paper, which is good for everyone. The White Paper will continue to release more water and better span the time between lowering spring runoff and higher montague release requirements.

I thought there may have been a vote before the holiday weekend, but no press release yet.

Have a nice weekend and get some fishing in.

Jim

Thread Information