Royal Wulff Products
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 37
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    new jersey near new york city
    Posts
    6,268
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,487
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,512
    Thanked in
    875 Posts
    Chats
    1100
    Groans
    87
    Groaned 68 Times in 58 Posts


    A high quality bamboo rod

    This question is for the serious bamboo rod builders out there, or bamboo enthusiasts who know more than me.

    The guides of a high-quality cane rod are generally "agate." Why is agate considered to be better than tungsten?

    Thanks. I'm doing my own research now.

    Similar Threads:

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    11,829
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,603
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,057
    Thanked in
    682 Posts
    Chats
    3059
    Groans
    27
    Groaned 32 Times in 32 Posts


    Re: A high quality bamboo rod

    Granger bamboo rods are ones you should look at

    "Angling is extremely time consuming. That's sort of the whole point." - Thomas McGuane

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    new jersey near new york city
    Posts
    6,268
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,487
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,512
    Thanked in
    875 Posts
    Chats
    1100
    Groans
    87
    Groaned 68 Times in 58 Posts


    Re: A high quality bamboo rod

    Quote Originally Posted by MACFLY View Post
    Granger bamboo rods are ones you should look at
    I believe Granger rods were production rods. Not sure.

    Do you even know what that means, MacFraud?


  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    11,829
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,603
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,057
    Thanked in
    682 Posts
    Chats
    3059
    Groans
    27
    Groaned 32 Times in 32 Posts


    Re: A high quality bamboo rod

    Quote Originally Posted by golden beetle View Post
    I believe Granger rods were production rods. Not sure.

    Do you even know what that means, MacFraud?
    Yes but let me ask you this. Do you know what Granger rods sell for today..Melonhead

    "Angling is extremely time consuming. That's sort of the whole point." - Thomas McGuane

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    new jersey near new york city
    Posts
    6,268
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,487
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,512
    Thanked in
    875 Posts
    Chats
    1100
    Groans
    87
    Groaned 68 Times in 58 Posts


    Re: A high quality bamboo rod

    Quote Originally Posted by MACFLY View Post
    Yes but let me ask you this. Do you know what Granger rods sell for today..Melonhead
    Your alligatored Granger with damaged tips was purchased, from all the evidence I could gather, for about 450 dollars.

    Remember how you tried to raffle it off, you douche bag? For a profit?

    All the while leading us to believe it was for charity?

    MACFRAUD!!


  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Barryville
    Posts
    2,330
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,004
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    824
    Thanked in
    490 Posts
    Chats
    217
    Groans
    7
    Groaned 9 Times in 8 Posts


    Re: A high quality bamboo rod

    beetle where you been figured you would have a snow day today

    TF

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    new jersey near new york city
    Posts
    6,268
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,487
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,512
    Thanked in
    875 Posts
    Chats
    1100
    Groans
    87
    Groaned 68 Times in 58 Posts


    Re: A high quality bamboo rod

    Quote Originally Posted by troutfever View Post
    beetle where you been figured you would have a snow day today
    TF, I been taking a small break from posting.

    Focusing on my fly tying and reading.

    ---------- Post added at 07:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:00 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by troutfever View Post
    beetle where you been figured you would have a snow day today
    Anyway, this was about agate guides v. tungsten..

    Any opinions, TF?


  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Barryville
    Posts
    2,330
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,004
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    824
    Thanked in
    490 Posts
    Chats
    217
    Groans
    7
    Groaned 9 Times in 8 Posts


    Re: A high quality bamboo rod

    i perfer agate guides i like the look of them...

    TF

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    11,829
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,603
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,057
    Thanked in
    682 Posts
    Chats
    3059
    Groans
    27
    Groaned 32 Times in 32 Posts


    Re: A high quality bamboo rod

    Douche bag...ouch you offend me. Yes I offered it for raffle. I believe a ticket was 20 bucks. If. Enouh folks joined then money was to go to NEFF and project healing waters. However not enough folks joined. But that wasn't the question melon head. I asked if you knew what. Granger could be sold for today.not what I paid for it at an estate sale. So do you or don't you. Btw Ronbo said it was a classic rod. I take it you are calling him a liar then.
    Quote Originally Posted by golden beetle View Post
    Your alligatored Granger with damaged tips was purchased, from all the evidence I could gather, for about 450 dollars.

    Remember how you tried to raffle it off, you douche bag? For a profit?

    All the while leading us to believe it was for charity?

    MACFRAUD!!


    "Angling is extremely time consuming. That's sort of the whole point." - Thomas McGuane

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    new jersey near new york city
    Posts
    6,268
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,487
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,512
    Thanked in
    875 Posts
    Chats
    1100
    Groans
    87
    Groaned 68 Times in 58 Posts


    Re: A high quality bamboo rod

    Quote Originally Posted by MACFLY View Post
    Douche bag...ouch you offend me. Yes I offered it for raffle. I believe a ticket was 20 bucks. If. Enouh folks joined then money was to go to NEFF and project healing waters. However not enough folks joined. But that wasn't the question melon head. I asked if you knew what. Granger could be sold for today.not what I paid for it at an estate sale. So do you or don't you. Btw Ronbo said it was a classic rod. I take it you are calling him a liar then.
    Keep it on-topic, MacFRAUD.

    Otherwise, Pete will have to split this thread and he ain't got time for your petty bullshit, ok?

    ---------- Post added at 07:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:10 PM ----------

    This post was about agate v. tungsten guides.

    MacFRAUD is hijacking the thread, and he must be stopped.

    PETE, WHERE ARE YOU WHILE MACFRAUD IS BUSY MARAUDING?


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    11,829
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,603
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,057
    Thanked in
    682 Posts
    Chats
    3059
    Groans
    27
    Groaned 32 Times in 32 Posts


    Re: A high quality bamboo rod

    Quote Originally Posted by golden beetle View Post
    Keep it on-topic, MacFRAUD.

    Otherwise, Pete will have to split this thread and he ain't got time for your petty bullshit, ok?
    Oh I am on topic..Unlike the comments you are making. Im asking you a question about a classic bamboo rod. Do you know the answer to that question or are you going to obfuscate further. Here is a book you should consider getting. It will be out shortly.

    Goodwin Granger : The Rod Man from Denver - Home

    Now I wonder why they would go to so much trouble to write a book about this lowly production bamboo rod. BTW this is the second book on Granger Rods

    "Angling is extremely time consuming. That's sort of the whole point." - Thomas McGuane

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    new jersey near new york city
    Posts
    6,268
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,487
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,512
    Thanked in
    875 Posts
    Chats
    1100
    Groans
    87
    Groaned 68 Times in 58 Posts


    Re: A high quality bamboo rod

    Quote Originally Posted by MACFLY View Post
    Oh I am on topic..Unlike the comments you are making. Im asking you a question about a classic bamboo rod. Do you know the answer to that question or are you going to obfuscate further. Here is a book you should consider getting. It will be out shortly.

    Goodwin Granger : The Rod Man from Denver - Home

    Now I wonder why they would go to so much trouble to write a book about this lowly production bamboo rod. BTW this is the second book on Granger Rods
    MacFRAUD, you tricky son of a BITCH!

    I have trouble keeping up with your shiftiness. You is one tricky son of a bitch.

    However, MacFRAUD, you can't trick me about this Granger of yours.

    ALLIGATORED VARNISH and DAMAGED TIPS.

    ACQUIRED FOR 450 DOLLARS, and RAFFLED TO OBTAIN CONSIDERABLE PROFIT.

    ALL THE WHILE, CLAIMING IT WAS FOR CHARITY!

    BWAAAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHA!

    WE SHALL NEVER FORGET.


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Thread Participants: 11

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •