Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

Guys

Your wasting your breath SOMEONE is just looking for a rise and not a fish.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

John W.

Very good question.

In a nut shell the FUDR is taking all of the appropriate steps needed and working on fixing the present situation,which means they're done with the meetings, the red tape, and the Bull Sh$$, and oh lets not forget the circle jerking.

Through various connections, "strong political" pressure will be applied to get what they want.There goal is not only to have better flows,but to have there plan backed by law,so that if the drbc and co.decide not to follow the plan they will be punished and penalized.

Nothing like some good old fashion politics-the guys on the top start to sweat,than pressure is apllied to the subordinates.And things get done.

Hope that helps for now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

FT,

Gee, when you can't discuss a situation and offer a reasonable response, I guess you have to resort to personal attack. Why not try and answer the question I posed.

"Why should the over 12 million people and billion $ industries of NYC, Philly or the other communities that are dependent on water from the Delaware River Basin give a hoot about the recreational desires of several thousand fly fishermen and the few million $s that sport brings in?"

Oh, and by the way, I have no idea what you mean by "bootlegged flies" and I'll fish wherever the hell I want as long as it's legal.

Allan

Blog Entries
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    493 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 12 Times in 11 Posts

Originally posted by Mayfly
    FT,

Gee, when you can't discuss a situation and offer a reasonable response, I guess you have to resort to personal attack. Why not try and answer the question I posed.

"Why should the over 12 million people and billion $ industries of NYC, Philly or the other communities that are dependent on water from the Delaware River Basin give a hoot about the recreational desires of several thousand fly fishermen and the few million $s that sport brings in?"

Oh, and by the way, I have no idea what you mean by "bootlegged flies" and I'll fish wherever the hell I want as long as it's legal.
    Allan,

You already know what the answer to that question is. How about this though, fight for something that means something to you. Does the Delaware River system mean anything to you? How about some positive energy here? Look to a future rather than dwell on, What if's and why's. Maybe it's a losing battle, maybe not. If you touch the right people, you never know what you may be able to accomplish. When election time is near, politicians will do just about anything for a vote.

In the meantime, let's just see where this 225 flow plan drifts us. I doubt it will bring us past the release gates. At that rate, I can stand under the dam and take a comfortable shower.

Pictures taken before/after/during fly fishing:
    http://dcabarle.smugmug.com/Sports/F...79119552_XXeHe

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    489 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 24 Times in 22 Posts

Thats my .02 cents and I am no longer going to debate it. Its time to continue concentrating of the FUDR release plan. FUDR needs membership support!
    -FT

What happened? That was a FEW posts ago.

John
    Some circumstantial evidence is very strong, as when you find a trout in the milk.--Henry David Thoreau

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Chats
    Groans

JoeT - thanks for the response.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Chats
    Groans

Allan,

Here's a what-if for you.

If the Beaverkill and Willowemoc weren't fought for years ago by Harry and Walt and others, there would have been no Beaverkill and Willowemoc to fish as we know it. Was that worth fighting for?

Bruce

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Chats
    Groans

And still no one has answered my question!

Bruce - I know that Harry Darbee fought against some of the construction concerning Route 17. Some of his other battles for quality water were more successful and helped these rivers and the Neversink. However, Walt Dette favored the Route 17 construction and as it turns out, it actually helped improve the B & W. Some of the best water is below the overpasses. Don't forget, these 2 rivers are not tailwaters. Mother Nature plays a huge role and is unpredictable in any given year.

Would someone tell me what "bootlegged flies" means?

Allan

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Chats
    Groans

But Allan, they also fought against a Res on those waters. It would have been a tailwater.

Bruce

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Chats
    Groans

Bruce,

I agree and wrote, "Some of his other battles for quality water were more successful and helped these rivers".

Do you know what 'bootlegged flies' means?

Allan

Blog Entries
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    493 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 12 Times in 11 Posts

I think I read in a another thread that you hijacked a pattern that Paul Weamer developed and claimed it as your own.

By the way, the Truform fly hooks are really great for Comparadun style flies. Does anyone know the smallest hook size I can get these in?

Pictures taken before/after/during fly fishing:
    http://dcabarle.smugmug.com/Sports/F...79119552_XXeHe

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Chats
    Groans

Dennis,

You should know what you're talking about before engaging your mouth.

I learned of that fly and first tied it back in the 1980s. There was an article about a very similar style in Fly Tyer magazine in 1982 and a similar style described in Darrell Martin's book that was published in 1987. I spoke to Paul Weamer and sent him copies of both.

By the way, here is exactly what I wrote as a preface to describing the fly. You tell me if it sounds like I took credit for the style. As far as the hook, I used a Mustad 94831 and bent the shank up.

"I am not claiming to be the originator of this style. On the contrary, I'm sure other tiers have tied flies like this for a long time. I also cannot claim anything whatsoever about the 'fish catching ability' of the style since I have yet to actually use it. I am claiming three things: l) This style can be applied to most mayflies (size dependant, perhaps); 2) I like the look of it; and 3) It is a Pain In The A$$ to tie, (PITA*)."

Allan

Thread Information