Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

Coming soon to a river near you - jetpump kayaks

see YouTube- MOKAI JET KAYAK: For Sale in Dublinbe sure to check out the fly fishing sequence that starts at about 34 seconds in. A couple of these were seen on the WB Del this past weekend. I didn't see them but i know of several anglers that did and they were none to pleased with their presence. Note this is not a for sale ad.

Does anyone know the specific regulations allowing or prohibiting motorized watercraft on each river sections. WB, East Branch, Main stem etc...

NPS web site says "A valid state registration is required for all motorized watercraft"

PA FBC web says "The operation of personal watercraft is prohibited within the Upper Delaware Scenic and Recreational River".

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 1 Time in 1 Post

Re: Coming soon to a river near you - jetpump kayaks

I've had a Mokai for about 4 years now, but never had the stones to bring it up to the D...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    807 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 40 Times in 37 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by afishinado View Post
    I've had a Mokai for about 4 years now, but never had the stones to bring it up to the D...
    LOL. Well strap on a set and bring it out....

Hell no and it aint over now.......

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    401 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 9 Times in 9 Posts

Those things look cool as hell. You will not please everyone up there, thats for sure, but as long as you follow the rules of courtesy and etiqutte, whats the big deal? As long as no one comes and pisses in your Cheerios, everyone needs to lighten up a little.

Roll up the windows Brian, you're letting the stank out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Chats
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by afishinado View Post
    I can't say that I blame you as you wouldn't make many friends in the river with it - especially the upper river. It does look like fun though...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Chats
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by chromefinder View Post
    see YouTube- MOKAI JET KAYAK: For Sale in Dublinbe sure to check out the fly fishing sequence that starts at about 34 seconds in. A couple of these were seen on the WB Del this past weekend. I didn't see them but i know of several anglers that did and they were none to pleased with their presence. Note this is not a for sale ad.

Does anyone know the specific regulations allowing or prohibiting motorized watercraft on each river sections. WB, East Branch, Main stem etc...

NPS web site says "A valid state registration is required for all motorized watercraft"

PA FBC web says "The operation of personal watercraft is prohibited within the Upper Delaware Scenic and Recreational River".
    It's pretty much a given that in any state just about any motorized watercraft needs to be registered, which is basically what the NPS statement points out. Additionally, according to the PFBC, personal watercraft (ie. jet skis and waverunners) are banned from the designated Upper Delaware Scenic and Recreational River. I don't believe that ban includes motorized boats such as fishing or pleasure boats just what are commonly known as PWC's. I'm not sure what the Mokai would be considered but I tend to believe it might be deemed a Personal Watercraft and herefor banned from use within the upper Delaware Scenic and Recreational River boundaries. Since that is a federal desigantion I would think the NPS would also have a statement on this too?

I'm not sure exactly what the boundaries are for the Upper D scenic & recreation River but I think the lower limit is at or near Port Jervis and it extends upstream to at least Hancock, though I could be off.

TU Life Member, Forks of the Delaware Chapter

NRA Life Member

"Where the air's a little cleaner, the trees a little greener and the road don't go through your town."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 1 Time in 1 Post

gee, w/ the right rod holder i could weave from side to side, thereby imitating a skittering caddis? i can affix 1 rod per side, or build in some outriggers! until the outriggers are built i'll just go old school w/ some side planers...4 rods, weaving from bank to bank... that's an easy way to cover a lot of water!

if enough people start doing this we'll need to set up a schedule, like upstream on the even hours and downstream on the odd hours...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 2 Times in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by chromefinder View Post
    I can't say that I blame you as you wouldn't make many friends in the river with it - especially the upper river. It does look like fun though...
    roaring thru the no kill on the west branch during the afternoon sulpher hatch with that kayak i would pay to watch..lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Chats
    Groans

Cdun's head would explode!

flyI4 is offline Fishizzle, I use worms but I'm looking to upgrade!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

I saw 2 guys take those up the lower Wb a couple weeks ago and it turned ugly with every fisherman/riverside resident screaming at them as they drove up river. These guys were complete clowns going right infront of everyone though and one wade fisherman got swamped by the wake because he was already wading deep. I think they would be fair game on the lower mainstem though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Chats
    Groans

A couple of guys use them on the Lehigh and they're mostly a nuisance. They lack the power to get up river in faster sections. I watched two guys and it took them 25 minutes to get about 200yds. Most of the guys I see operating them don't seem to understand that when 16' of Hyde brand fiberglass starts rolling down a rapid they shouldn't be trying to get up past at the same time. No real bad situations yet but the way those guys drive them around it's only a matter of time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    321 Posts
    Chats
    Groans

The vessel traveling down river has the right of way.

"I think I fish, in part, because it's an anti-social, bohemian business that, when gone about properly, puts you forever outside the mainstream culture without actually landing you in an institution." John Gierach

www.FlyFishTheDelaware.com

Thread Information