Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    321 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

Scadden Pontoon

Scadden's McKenzie Drifter 2 or 3 person pontoon boat for sale.

Set up for 3, easily converts to a 2 or even 1 person. Hardly used, like new condition complete with 2 side storage bags, two air pumps (electric & manual), anchor, seats, stripping basket, front and rear leaning brackets, oars. Only weighs 85 lbs. In blue.

$2000.00

Email, PM or call.

"I think I fish, in part, because it's an anti-social, bohemian business that, when gone about properly, puts you forever outside the mainstream culture without actually landing you in an institution." John Gierach

www.FlyFishTheDelaware.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Chats
    Groans

Re: Scadden Pontoon

Wow, this is ironic. My old man and I just bought a red McKenzie Drifter last night. It's setup for a 2-man. I have a question for you about these boats if you wouldn't mind answering me. Can you convert it into a 3-man just by adding a 3rd frame section? It seems that's how they are designed.

Good luck on the sale, sounds like a pretty good deal.

TU Life Member, Forks of the Delaware Chapter

NRA Life Member

"Where the air's a little cleaner, the trees a little greener and the road don't go through your town."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    321 Posts
    Chats
    Groans

Ryan,

I think you can, but I bought mine as a 3 man set-up from the start. There's a little more to it than just a frame section for the 3rd guy. There's a seat, pedestal, floor and leaning brace. I'm also not sure if there was or is more than one pontoon length. 13' or better is the number you'd need for a 3 man.

It is a good deal for someone who's looking for a versatile inflatable. I originally bought it with the idea to use it in my business. I used it a couple of times and decided it wasn't the best for commercial use. Since I bought it at wholesale I'm passing on the savings.

Joe

"I think I fish, in part, because it's an anti-social, bohemian business that, when gone about properly, puts you forever outside the mainstream culture without actually landing you in an institution." John Gierach

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Chats
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Joe D View Post
    Ryan,

I think you can, but I bought mine as a 3 man set-up from the start. There's a little more to it than just a frame section for the 3rd guy. There's a seat, pedestal, floor and leaning brace. I'm also not sure if there was or is more than one pontoon length. 13' or better is the number you'd need for a 3 man.

It is a good deal for someone who's looking for a versatile inflatable. I originally bought it with the idea to use it in my business. I used it a couple of times and decided it wasn't the best for commercial use. Since I bought it at wholesale I'm passing on the savings.

Joe
    Thanks for the info. Yeah I realized about the seat, pedestal, floor and leanbar are all part of the equation. I was just trying to be brief when I wrote 3rd frame section. The boat is a 13' pontoon and in looking at the frame it does look like it's built to convert.

I'm very excited to use it. At first down by me on the Middle Delaware for smallies (my Dad lives along the D) as well as the Middle Lehigh for trout and smallies but I'd like to branch out to trips up to the W. Branch and Main Stem. My old man has had some leg and foot problems the last few years and its not easy for him to wade many places anymore so I'm excited to be able to operate this boat and get him into fish & cover water a little more easily. I'm going to be the permanent oarsman I think.

Again good luck on the sale, these boats are awesome and becoming much more popular in the East with the general angling public so I think you'll sell it in short time.

NRA Life Member

"Where the air's a little cleaner, the trees a little greener and the road don't go through your town."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    321 Posts
    Chats
    Groans

Thanks, Ryan. Have fun with yours.

Blog Entries
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    538 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 13 Times in 12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan R View Post
    Wow, this is ironic. My old man and I just bought a red McKenzie Drifter last night. It's setup for a 2-man. I have a question for you about these boats if you wouldn't mind answering me. Can you convert it into a 3-man just by adding a 3rd frame section? It seems that's how they are designed.

Good luck on the sale, sounds like a pretty good deal.
    You weren't by any chance fishing on the WB this past Saturday, were you?

Pictures taken before/after/during fly fishing:
    http://dcabarle.smugmug.com/Sports/F...79119552_XXeHe

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Chats
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by dcabarle View Post
    Ha, no why, did another douchebag go right over your drift again?

I'm obviously new at it but I do have common sense and try not to be rude to other anglers on the water anyway. I did pick up on the proper etiquette of making the effort to pass thru behind wading anglers or other boats working rising fish.

NRA Life Member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    321 Posts
    Chats
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by dcabarle View Post

Dennis, You must have run into the knuckleheads in the new model blue Scadden...

Blog Entries
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    538 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 13 Times in 12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan R View Post
    Ha, no why, did another douchebag go right over your drift again?

I'm obviously new at it but I do have common sense and try not to be rude to other anglers on the water anyway. I did pick up on the proper etiquette of making the effort to pass thru behind wading anglers or other boats working rising fish.
    Dennis, You must have run into the knuckleheads in the new model blue Scadden...
    The guys in the scadden that you mention, Joe, passed us with no issue. I think they were trying to get off the river.

The guys I'm talking about were in this beast. They pulled up 30 feet behind Macfly and started casting then the other douche got out of the boat and went downstream (slightly) of Macfly. There were fish everywhere on the river this past Saturday but these guys had to squeeze in. UnFing believable.

We also ran into another team of idiots in a drift boat (Hyde). We were going to go through one of the side channels. Someone in a pontoon boat was there so we anchored up to let him fish and figured we'de wait until he was through. These other two meatheads came through right on top of me. I had to ask them what they were doing because they were so close.

There really should be a river etiquette class before anyone is allowed to float the river. If it was recreational people, I don't really care but as fishermen, they need a lesson.

Here's a nice brown I caught just upstream from where these goons were. That water was freezing!!! Thanks Paul!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0599.jpg 
Views:	2112 
Size:	107.5 KB 
ID:	4019  
    Pictures taken before/after/during fly fishing:
    http://dcabarle.smugmug.com/Sports/F...79119552_XXeHe

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    321 Posts
    Chats
    Groans

Dennis,

Nice legs...

The guys I ran into were different guys. It was actually Friday now that I think about it. They behaved the same as the guys you ran across, or rather ran across you.

On another note, you should have seen the guys on the West Branch on Saturday. Two twits in jet boats come screaming up the river. They screamed right through water that several guys were fishing nearly hitting one of them. They had fly & spin rods with them. These are the boats they had: Mokai Manufacturing Inc.
    The PA Fish & Boat Commission is currently investigating.

Blog Entries
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    720 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 33 Times in 33 Posts

Very Nice Fish Dennis

Glad I made up for the last picture at least

Yep those 2 bastards totally Bogarted the hole!!!

"Angling is extremely time consuming. That's sort of the whole point." - Thomas McGuane

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 28 Times in 28 Posts

Dennis,

Nice legs...

The guys I ran into were different guys. It was actually Friday now that I think about it. They behaved the same as the guys you ran across, or rather ran across you.

On another note, you should have seen the guys on the West Branch on Saturday. Two twits in jet boats come screaming up the river. They screamed right through water that several guys were fishing nearly hitting one of them. They had fly & spin rods with them. These are the boats they had: Mokai Manufacturing Inc.
    The PA Fish & Boat Commission is currently investigating.

I got to get one of those, I can fish and my buddy can water ski at the same time.

To look good is to fish good

Thread Information