Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    490 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 9 Times in 8 Posts

fly line

if your weight forward floating line starts to sink you can clean and add some gink to get it to float again .... the question is if you cant get it to float can you unspool your reel and respool from the other end.... will if work ? will it float?

TF

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

Re: fly line

Quote Originally Posted by troutfever View Post
    if your weight forward floating line starts to sink you can clean and add some gink to get it to float again .... the question is if you cant get it to float can you unspool your reel and respool from the other end.... will if work ? will it float?

will it literally work? perhaps -- but its not designed like a double taper so i would clean it, strip it, and reapply. if it doesn't work, perhaps time for some new line.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    807 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 40 Times in 37 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by troutfever View Post
    If you do this the line should float, but the "wf" section will be burried in your reel, thus negating it's value. Why not purchase yourself a new line from Allen Fly Fishing, you can click on their link at the bottom of the page. i have their wf 3 wt floating line on my 3 wt Orvis Trout Bum and I love it, and the price is FANTASTIC!!!! Plus you will be supporting a sponsor of the blog. Then you can come back with a review of their line, which i am sure you will love, and NO, i am not affiliated with Allen Fly Fishing in any way, but I do have their line on one of my reels and I love it, it is a great deal, and the next time I need line I will buy from Allen Fly fishing.

Hell no and it aint over now.......

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    177 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Trouser Trout View Post
    If you do this the line should float, but the "wf" section will be burried in your reel, thus negating it's value. Why not purchase yourself a new line from Allen Fly Fishing, you can click on their link at the bottom of the page. i have their wf 3 wt floating line on my 3 wt Orvis Trout Bum and I love it, and the price is FANTASTIC!!!! Plus you will be supporting a sponsor of the blog. Then you can come back with a review of their line, which i am sure you will love, and NO, i am not affiliated with Allen Fly Fishing in any way, but I do have their line on one of my reels and I love it, it is a great deal, and the next time I need line I will buy from Allen Fly fishing.
    Double Tapers were made for that pourpose -- To reverse the line after it gets worn --- Weight Forwards should not be Turned around --- Unless your WF line is cracked it should float with a good cleaning and A fly line dressing -- (Not Gink) You can clean your line in warm water and a lil dish soap -- Soak it for 5 to 10 minutes -- let it dry then put a good fly line dressing on it such as Cortland 444 fly line dressing / cleaner Mucilin is another good dressing Super Slick Cleaner dressing is GREAT if you can find it -- Orvis also makes a good cleaner dressing

Hope this helps you out

Peace
    Dan

Limit your kill -- Dont Kill your Limit

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Chats
    Groans

wow, so are you the pot or the kettle?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    807 Posts
    Chats
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by papabearoutdoors View Post
    wow, so are you the pot or the kettle?
    Scylla or Charybdis?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Chats
    Groans

Scylla or Charybdis?

coitus?

you got the wrong guy -- im the dude.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    807 Posts
    Chats
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by papabearoutdoors View Post
    coitus?

you got the wrong guy -- im the dude.

Whoa... now don't start trying to sound like me.......

Thread Information