Delaware River Club
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 26
  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    92
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Chats
    0
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts


    Gas Drilling Debate is Done

    The EIS comment period is over, so I’m done debating about gas drilling – at least here. I thank everyone who took the time to write to the Gov, DEC and DRBC. I believe we all made a huge difference. I hope this means good karma, fine hatches, and giant rising trout next spring for all of you…

    One final thought: please go to the below link and read the letter by the DEC’s OWN UNION OF SCIENTISTS AND WORKERS about the draft EIS on gas drilling. I can’t paste it in, so you have to go to the link. It will take you two minutes to read. Anyone who reads this and still thinks drilling should go on as currently planned… well… I've got nothing more to say to those folks…

    Here’s the link: http://www.theithacajournal.com/asse...1492221229.PDF

    Bye!


  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    854
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    16
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    78
    Thanked in
    65 Posts
    Chats
    1
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts


    Re: Gas Drilling Debate is Done

    The debate is over. That's great. Who won?

    I can't wait for the anti-fishing interests to chime in. Next thing you know PETA members will start to dominate threads pushing their anti-fishing agenda as well.


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Unadilla, New York
    Posts
    5,153
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    657
    Thanked in
    468 Posts
    Chats
    683
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 23 Times in 21 Posts


    Re: Gas Drilling Debate is Done

    Quote Originally Posted by Uncrowded View Post
    One final thought: please go to the below link and read the letter by the DEC’s OWN UNION OF SCIENTISTS AND WORKERS about the draft EIS on gas drilling. I can’t paste it in, so you have to go to the link. It will take you two minutes to read. Anyone who reads this and still thinks drilling should go on as currently planned… well… I've got nothing more to say to those folks…
    Bye!


    How disingenuous!

    Do you think that anyone here believes that if this union had said "This dGEIS is the most earth protecting document in the world so full steam ahead with drilling", you'd be so quick to have everyone here believe their words?

    God love you.

    Let me add to that...

    SO, when this union says that the document is "okie dokie", of course since you think of them as the experts, you'll be all for drilling in Peas Eddy?

    John
    Some circumstantial evidence is very strong, as when you find a trout in the milk.--Henry David Thoreau

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    92
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Chats
    0
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts


    Re: Gas Drilling Debate is Done

    Let's review:

    NYDEC: Wants to scrap the EIS
    US EPA: Has serious problems w/EIS
    NY DEC Union: Asks for 1 year moratorium and has serious issues w/EIS
    Kilgour and FF: Full steam ahead!!

    You guys seriously crack me up!!


  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Unadilla, New York
    Posts
    5,153
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    657
    Thanked in
    468 Posts
    Chats
    683
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 23 Times in 21 Posts


    Re: Gas Drilling Debate is Done

    Quote Originally Posted by Uncrowded View Post
    Let's review:

    NYDEC: Wants to scrap the EIS
    Really?

    Where did you read that?

    So to review:

    SO, when this union says that the document is "okie dokie", of course since you think of them as the experts, you'll be all for drilling in Peas Eddy?

    John
    Some circumstantial evidence is very strong, as when you find a trout in the milk.--Henry David Thoreau

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Roselle Park, New Jersey, United States
    Posts
    5,421
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    718
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,018
    Thanked in
    487 Posts
    Chats
    1310
    Groans
    17
    Groaned 12 Times in 11 Posts


    Re: Gas Drilling Debate is Done

    Quote Originally Posted by Uncrowded View Post
    Let's review:

    NYDEC: Wants to scrap the EIS
    US EPA: Has serious problems w/EIS
    NY DEC Union: Asks for 1 year moratorium and has serious issues w/EIS
    Kilgour and FF: Full steam ahead!!

    You guys seriously crack me up!!
    People use the media to blow things way out of proportion... If the media says, "We spoke with an expert from the Intergallactic Federation of Meteor Research today and here's what he had to say.... "The earth will be destroyed in 6 days by a 150 billion ton meteor, that's right folks, 150 billion ton meteor, that we've been tracking for the past 4 years. The earth is in its path and there's no way avoiding this collision.

    Please spend these next few day wisely with your family and friends."" Some people will actually run with that because after all, "an expert" said it. The problem is... People run with the "Experts" comments but never question who the expert is or where the expert received their expert status.

    FF... Thanks for asking the questions... We never know what's on the opposite side of that telescope, do we? What you don't see in this picture is house fly at the other end.



    Pictures taken before/after/during fly fishing:
    http://dcabarle.smugmug.com/Sports/F...79119552_XXeHe

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    92
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Chats
    0
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts


    Re: Gas Drilling Debate is Done

    Quote Originally Posted by Future Fanatic View Post
    Really?

    Where did you read that?

    So to review:

    SO, when this union says that the document is "okie dokie", of course since you think of them as the experts, you'll be all for drilling in Peas Eddy?
    You're right -- my mistake.

    NYCDEP wants to scrap EIS...


  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Unadilla, New York
    Posts
    5,153
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    657
    Thanked in
    468 Posts
    Chats
    683
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 23 Times in 21 Posts


    Re: Gas Drilling Debate is Done

    Quote Originally Posted by dcabarle View Post
    FF... Thanks for asking the questions... We never know what's on the opposite side of that telescope, do we? What you don't see in this picture is house fly at the other end.
    Fear is a powerful motivator.
    People fear what they don't understand.
    There are those that will use what people don't understand to create fear, but the success of their agenda depends upon the people NOT questioning what they are told.

    One should not fear the guy ASKING questions in search of the truth, one should fear the guy who won't ANSWER questions truthfully.

    John
    Some circumstantial evidence is very strong, as when you find a trout in the milk.--Henry David Thoreau

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    21
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Chats
    0
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts


    Re: Gas Drilling Debate is Done

    just would like too say one thing i have work on drills like this and they are mad news


  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Pine Barrens, NJ
    Posts
    911
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    21
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    26
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Chats
    0
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts


    Re: Gas Drilling Debate is Done

    Discussions involving gas drilling unfortunately turn into politics here. My advice is stick with as much of the fundamentals of fly fishing as you can, unless wasting your time is on todays agenda. Some people really like to get into it (been there, done that). Bottom line is any debating goes nowhere on this site.

    Listen To The River Sing Sweet Songs To Rock My Soul...

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    11,762
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,578
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,037
    Thanked in
    668 Posts
    Chats
    3059
    Groans
    27
    Groaned 32 Times in 32 Posts


    Re: Gas Drilling Debate is Done

    Quote Originally Posted by BIGBOW View Post
    Discussions involving gas drilling unfortunately turn into politics here. My advice is stick with as much of the fundamentals of fly fishing as you can, unless wasting your time is on todays agenda. Some people really like to get into it (been there, done that). Bottom line is any debating goes nowhere on this site.
    Translated you dont like to engage in debate with anyone who doesnt agree with your view. You keep recycling the line above plus occasional dig. Sounds like instead of debating you like to do basically...nothing.

    "Angling is extremely time consuming. That's sort of the whole point." - Thomas McGuane

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Pine Barrens, NJ
    Posts
    911
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    21
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    26
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Chats
    0
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts


    Re: Gas Drilling Debate is Done

    Quote Originally Posted by MACFLY View Post
    Translated you dont like to engage in debate with anyone who doesnt agree with your view. You keep recycling the line above plus occasional dig. Sounds like instead of debating you like to do basically...nothing.

    Guess you dont translate well, huh old pal? Macfly, first off, why bother posting to me? Secondly, after one realizes that certain debates are never going to change the minds of certain people or get anything at all accomplished, they then become nothing more than a waste of time. Especially when its with a person who is in no position to get anything done anyway (such as yourself). Im all for a good debate, but eventually some debates become pointless arguments, like the ongoing one you like to have with me, which by the way is getting really old. And yes, Id rather do "nothing" than argue with someone like you who has nothing better to do than get into on a computer almost everytime Im on this site. Dont you have.. I dont know, ANYTHING to do to keep you more occupied? Have fun doing what you do best.. not really debating, but arguing and posting childish and false accusations. I have to go do nothing.

    I doubt you are still full of witless humor and putdowns in person, but I guess hiding behind a screen is where some of us belong. Have a good one buddy.

    Listen To The River Sing Sweet Songs To Rock My Soul...

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Thread Participants: 8

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •