Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

Re: KLG poachers

We all have to be our own Fish and Game officers. Self policing our "home waters" and informing those that don't know the law is one of the best ways to protect the limited fishing resources that we have. The F&G departments nationwide have fewer and fewer employees each year, and they depend on us to help take care of what we have.

Marky is offline Fishizzle, I use worms but I'm looking to upgrade!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Chats
    Groans

There are precious few CO's out there.

Your sounding like a cop on TV, when they make an arrest on one of those TV shows. I want to help you, be honest LOL and they bang the guy, if he just kept his mouth shut. WCO's love to bust like anyone in law enforcment. It's there high otherwise they would be giving out alot more warnings.

My piont is policing isn't going to stop anything, if anything it's going to make people go deeper and take more. Sad but true. Your always going to have polecat outlaws and the more you go tattle tailing the more they are going to take. Like anything when a poacher has nothing to loose he feeds off it. Then you have you guys that are forced to bend the laws to keep up with the standards that many outdoors man place on them. Some of the big writters always seem to get caught since they need that notch for there next article. Does that mean that everyone is a polecat NO.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Chats
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Marky View Post

Your sounding like a cop, when they make an arrest on one of those TV shows. I want to help you, be honest LOL and they bang the guy, if he just kept his mouth shut. WCO love to bust like anyone in law enforcment. It's there high otherwise they would be giving out alot more warnings.
    perhaps we do sound like cops. That is how much I love a good healthy fishery. If we(responsible fisherman) let the poachers know that they are being watched, and calls are put in to a CO EVERY time you see someone poaching(getting a limit, going to the car, coming back and getting another limit), the chance of them getting busted is higher, which better protects our fishery. The laws are put in place to help manage the fishery as best as possible.

My piont is policing isn't going to stop anything, if anything it's going to make go deep and take more. Sad but true. Your always going to have polecat outlaws and the more you go tattle tailing the more they are going to take. Like anything when a poacher has nothing to loose he feeds off it. Then you have you guys that are forced to bend the laws to keep up.
    Perhaps, but when the "polecat outlaws" can't pay the fine, they go to jail. Can't poach fish in jail, except in a saucepan!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Chats
    Groans

My piont is policing isn't going to stop anything, if anything it's going to make people go deeper and take more. Sad but true. Your always going to have polecat outlaws and the more you go tattle tailing the more they are going to take. Like anything when a poacher has nothing to loose he feeds off it. Then you have you guys that are forced to bend the laws to keep up with the standards that many outdoors man place on them.
    So you say "more policing isn't going to stop anything", the "HELL" it won't.
    You hit jerkoffs like this in their pocketbook they will think twice about even fishing there again let alone poaching.
    They would have to be a total fuckin Moron, not to.
    Do you think that someone robbing stuff and they get caught,and then get out on bail are going to steal twice as much as they were busted for in the first place, right after they get out.
    Maybe someone who has a death wish mite but not your run of the mill "piece of shit" poacher.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,026 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 26 Times in 25 Posts

I'm not sure I understand this argument. Is it "poachers are going to poach anyway so let them be or they will become even worse poachers"? That's what I am interpreting.

Should we leave all murderers alone in hope they murder less or don't murder again? Where's the rationale in this?

If I see someone blatantly poaching as sounds like was the case here with blatant disregard for F&G laws, then you can believe I will call the COs first and get as much info on the poachers as I can (license #, car license/make/model, physical description of the poacher/s, etc.) as I'm talking to the dispatcher or the CO after dispatch contacts him.

A sinking fly is closer to Hell - ​Unknown

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Chats
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by biot View Post
    So you say "more policing isn't going to stop anything", the "HELL" it won't.
    You hit jerkoffs like this in their pocketbook they will think twice about even fishing there again let alone poaching.
    They would have to be a total fuckin Moron, not to.
    Do you think that someone robbing stuff and they get caught,and then get out on bail are going to steal twice as much as they were busted for in the first place, right after they get out.
    Maybe someone who has a death wish mite but not your run of the mill "piece of shit" poacher.
    What is it, $125 buck a pop for fishing 'outside of regulations"?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Chats
    Groans

You show me someone who has been locked up in this state for not pay a FW fine. Hell the guy who was given the biggest fine in the state talked it down from 136gr down to 12 grand and made payments.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Chats
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by jlajoie View Post
    What is it, $125 buck a pop for fishing 'outside of regulations"?
    Not sure about the fine, but it's a per fish over the limit and in this case an additional fine for "Bait" fishing in a Year Round TCA.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Chats
    Groans

You show me someone who has been locked up in this state for not pay a FW fine. Hell the guy who was given the biggest fine in the state talked it down from 136gr down to 12 grand and made payments.
    Yea and you show me an idiot who will keep breaking the F&G laws even more so after getting busted for poaching.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Chats
    Groans

Yea and you show me an idiot who will keep breaking the F&G laws even more so after getting busted for poaching.

There out there, over the years I have known a few that just can not help themselves. I am sure everyone here knows one of those kind of guys that just have to break the law.

Do I feel they should be let go NO but when one gets involved and it back fires you never know what these guys will do. They don't care and have nothing to lose.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Chats
    Groans

Dude, four post and all of them negative shit.
    Bottom line is that concerned anglers who know the rule's in "Special Regs" areas,should drop a dime on these scumbags.

CASE CLOSED !!!!!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts
    Chats
    Groans

Marky,

Are you a poacher? You must be!
    1. You show up on a fly fishing forum and post nothing useful; just stupid comments like "mind your own business" as if if your defending poachers.

2. You have incredible insight into the mind of a poacher. Only someone who poaches could know such things.

Thread Information