Delaware River Club
Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

Re: Global Warming a Hoax, don't worry you will still pay for it.

Quote Originally Posted by BIGBOW View Post
    Those comments were under Bush. I really havent heard any of our new administrations remarks towards the protocol since the election, but I am eager to do so. Please post any new info you may find. I think it rediculous for ANY president to deny our involvement because of China and India's standpoints.. Yes they are countries troubling our environment, but for us to take our ball and go home because they wont play right is almost commical.
    No these comments weren't made under Bush, they were made by Lisa Jackson the current EPA Administrator...she didn't serve under Bush. She was Assistant DEP Commissioner under Brad Campbell in the McGreavy administration, and appointed to Commissioner under King Corzine. Prior to that she worked for the EPA in the Clinton Administration.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Chats
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Stonefly View Post
    No these comments weren't made under Bush, they were made by Lisa Jackson the current EPA Administrator...she didn't serve under Bush. She was Assistant DEP Commissioner under Brad Campbell in the McGreavy administration, and appointed to Commissioner under King Corzine. Prior to that she worked for the EPA in the Clinton Administration.
    Perhaps I didnt word my post correctly. My point was that this is exactly what Bush cried about and his reasoning for not backing the protocol. A stupid one in my opinion.

Listen To The River Sing Sweet Songs To Rock My Soul...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Chats
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by CTobias View Post
    Watch the whole video before you start throwing out your b.s. This means you Bigbow. WHERE ARE YOUR FACTS?!?! You ask for them, but have yet to provide any that this bill means a cleaner environment!!!!!!
    This talks about the climate bill and the transfer of wealth and power from the local government to a world government. It's an interview with Joe Scarbourough. He says it wont get passsed in the senate

YouTube - Joe Scarborough apologizes to 9/11 truth activists in confrontation.
    I feel like Im reading a 12 year old's posts when your's come up. Do you even know anything about Joe Scarborough?? Obviously not. Again, another Republican, but this one is even better.. please look into these humorous characters whose points you use as "evidence". This thread is pure amusement now. Im not gonna post arguments of Democrats here like you guys and your repubs.. Im bipartisan and dont want to make this a political party movement.. this discussion is worthless.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    552 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 25 Times in 25 Posts

I feel like Im reading a 12 year old's posts when your's come up. Do you even know anything about Joe Scarborough?? Obviously not. Again, another Republican, but this one is even better.. please look into these humorous characters whose points you use as "evidence". This thread is pure amusement now. Im not gonna post arguments of Democrats here like you guys and your repubs.. Im bipartisan and dont want to make this a political party movement.. this discussion is worthless.

I've provided you with more than just one dumb video for evidence. Did you look at the links I provided. Obviously not if you think this climate bill is something we need.

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
    Mark Twain

http://www.savebristolbay.org/

REAL FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS SPOON FEED

http://www.roehard.com

http://www.glsteelheadco.com

Blog Entries
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    693 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 33 Times in 33 Posts

The only thing amusing is the fact that you voted for the guy who has done more harm in 6 months than anyone imagined. Bipartisan my arse. You are right though its a worthless forum since your not willing to debate. All you are willing to do is say we should be leaders and cut our emissions even if the 2 biggest growing economies say they wont. You are about as naive as they come BIGBOW,,,now why dont you go out and fish some more before the evil global warming gods come and boil your water. BY the way if you watched even 3 scarborough shows during 2008 you would find he was no friend of the bush administration or republican congress so while he was a republican he was also quite honest about the misdeeds of the previous administration.

Here is a question for you BIGBOW. Lets say we decide on our own to cut our carbon emissions 40% and China/Inda say thats nice but no thanks as they have stated. What should we do after that? Cut it 80% to make up the difference?

"Angling is extremely time consuming. That's sort of the whole point." - Thomas McGuane

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Chats
    Groans

You're funny MACFLY. I would think any environment caring citizen would think any emission cuts would be step in the right direction, REGARDLESS OF WHAT OTHER COUNTRIES DECIDE TO DO OR NOT DO. Its really that simple professor. Im glad as hell you aint in office!!!!

Blog Entries
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    693 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 33 Times in 33 Posts

You're funny MACFLY. I would think any environment caring citizen would think any emission cuts would be step in the right direction, REGARDLESS OF WHAT OTHER COUNTRIES DECIDE TO DO OR NOT DO. Its really that simple professor. Im glad as hell you aint in office!!!!
    what about the statement that doing this on our own will have no impact don't you get. Why don't you at least answer the question that was posed. Maybe it's because you have no answer other than we should do it because it's the right thing to do. Well listen that might be nice in leave it to beaver land but all you need to do is read the paper to see that china and India and a bunch of others are not tuned in to the same fantasy. It appears that our president does not have the same mystical powers with the rest of the world that he did with all you folks believing in change.

Glad I amuse you. Only you would think it's a good idea to undertake something this drastic when it's proven it won't have an impact.I suppose your ok with money from this bill going overseas as well. I mean we can all be one big happy family right. I noticed you didn't have an Answer for my question. That tells me all I need to know. Say hi to Al Gore when you see hm at the annual meeting of the galactically insane.-

"Angling is extremely time consuming. That's sort of the whole point." - Thomas McGuane

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    552 Posts
    Chats
    Groans

I would think any environment caring citizen would think any emission cuts would be step in the right direction, REGARDLESS OF WHAT OTHER COUNTRIES DECIDE TO DO OR NOT DO.

HELLO!!! ARE YOU LISTENING?!?!?! Mr. I'm not responding to this post anymore.

IT HAS NOT BEEN PROVEN THAT CO2 OR ANY GASES LEAD TO GLOBAL WARMING.

Mark Twain

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    552 Posts
    Chats
    Groans

Hey BIGBOW....This is straight from the horses mouth!!! Enjoy your "change"!!!

NWV News - Sarah Foster -- Climate Bill Spells "Skyrocketing" Energy Rates, Unemployment, Less Freedom

...then-Senator Obama admitted the price of electricity would go up. Way up. In his words:
    “Under my plan of a cap-and-trade system, electricity rates would necessarily skyrocket … because I’m capping greenhouse gases -- coal power plants, natural gas, you name it -- whatever the plants were, whatever the industry was, they would have to retrofit their operations. That will cost money; they will pass that [cost] on to consumers.”

Mark Twain

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Chats
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by CTobias View Post
    I work at a job that is controled by the oil markets
    CT, your opinion is so for a reason and I completely understand. Your occupation is linked to this bill. However, none of the BS articles or interviews you post will change MY opinion. There are just as many articles, studies, and opinions on the opposite end of the argument. Im not going to sit here and debate online and ask people to read biased reports. I've seen three TV programs in the last week on C02 and global warming. Do either of us know the truth of their linkage? NO. My point all along has been this bill calls for cleaner air and emissions, which I am for. There are two sides of the story and I dont buy into your side.. PERIOD. I suppose Im just a tree hugger like you said earlier. See you on a fishing thread.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Chats
    Groans

CT,
    I'm not going to weigh in on this topic one way or another. With that said, can you please post a link with any sort or credibility? Posting a link on the topic of global warming per the heritage foundation is akin to an anti-hunter posting a link from PETA. You get it?

Perhaps when you (or the opposing view) can provide credible links and not just rhetoric and conservative leaning voices this discussion will move forward.

Maybe what's really "ruining" this country is a lack of basic research skills. I think Library skills 101 is in order for some. Some people need to learn to research and cite credible scientific sources.
    Just because Pat Buchanan or Nancy Pelosi state it doesn't make it fact.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    Chats
    Groans

CT, your opinion is so for a reason and I completely understand. Your occupation is linked to this bill. However, none of the BS articles or interviews you post will change MY opinion. There are just as many articles, studies, and opinions on the opposite end of the argument. Im not going to sit here and debate online and ask people to read biased reports. I've seen three TV programs in the last week on C02 and global warming. Do either of us know the truth of their linkage? NO. My point all along has been this bill calls for cleaner air and emissions, which I am for. There are two sides of the story and I dont buy into your side.. PERIOD. I suppose Im just a tree hugger like you said earlier. See you on a fishing thread.
    Spoken like a moderate.