Delaware River Club
Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

Re: Global Warming a Hoax, don't worry you will still pay for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Stonefly View Post
    The other night while watching one of the cable news program, they have the news banner that runs on the bottom of the screen, it seems EPA Administrator Lisa (Ilovebears)Jackson, has finally admitted they sat on th EPA report that disputed the climate change bill, and that the US bill will do nothing to reduce green house gases unless China and India pass a similar bill. I went through EPA press releases looking for this and couldn't find it. I think it may have been in her comments the other day when she testified before the Senate. But they haven't been posted yet on the senate webpage
    Those comments were under Bush. I really havent heard any of our new administrations remarks towards the protocol since the election, but I am eager to do so. Please post any new info you may find. I think it rediculous for ANY president to deny our involvement because of China and India's standpoints.. Yes they are countries troubling our environment, but for us to take our ball and go home because they wont play right is almost commical.

Listen To The River Sing Sweet Songs To Rock My Soul...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Chats
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by CTobias View Post
    This was on msnbc one of the MOST liberal networks out there. Stick this in your pipe and smoke it.

YouTube - RED ALERT: Climate Bill Is Transfer Of Wealth To World Government
    Pat Buchanan is one of the most conservative political commentators out there. What is there to smoke here? Its biased. Theres two sides to every story.. dont forget that. Its fine to disagree here, but when it comes to politics theres always going to be various arguments and I dont think this interview helps yours much.

Blog Entries
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    694 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 33 Times in 33 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BIGBOW View Post
    That was under Bush. I really havent heard any of our new administrations remarks towards the protocol since the election, but I am eager to do so. I think it rediculous for ANY president to deny our involvement because of China and India's views.. Yes they are countries troubling our environment, but for us to take our ball and go home because they wont play right is almost commical.
    BIGBOW do me a favor and just read the article posted under CTOBIAS. Honestly you are not even reading what is being posted. The EPA administrator said in her testimony before the Senate that an analysis they conducted has concluded that unless China and India were to actively participate no meaningful reduction in greenhouse gases could be achieved. Its really that simple. Just so we are clear its got nothing to do with the Bush Administration which is no longer in power.

"Angling is extremely time consuming. That's sort of the whole point." - Thomas McGuane

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Chats
    Groans

MACFLY, this is exactly what I've been talking about. Its got to start somewhere and its simply BS to believe that they are the only two countries that can effect greenhouse gases, even if they are the pollution leaders of the world. The U.S. needs to take ownership of our envorinmental flaws. If you knew anything, you'd know Jackson is 100% behind this bill you hate so much! Your fabulous article is a bunch of mumbo jumbo from a republican senator who is giving his take of what Jackson actually stated about "the center of the chart." Wheres the whole chart and the rest of what Jackson stated? This article is cut and paste from a republicans point of view. How about giving one of the supporting democrats views, or are we just listening to republicans now? Higher taxes suck, but Jackson has stated repeatedly that fixing our environment will be costly on our part. Nothings free these days, including clean air.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    376 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 9 Times in 9 Posts

Yes, lets spend all this time and energy to reduce carbon emissions, to address a problem thats not even proven to exist. Lets spend all of our time, money and energy on this. The worst thing with this man-made global warming crap is that it takes attention away from types of pollution that have proven impact and we can address now. i.e. deforestation, ocean dumping, non-point pollution, poor planning, etc. But none of those can create appropriate level of fear in the population to actually get any of this crap legislation to pass. Whats next after global warming, stopping continental drift? Whats going to be the genius plan there, put big screws into the earth?

Roll up the windows Brian, you're letting the stank out.

Blog Entries
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    694 Posts
    Chats
    Groans

MACFLY, this is exactly what I've been talking about. Its got to start somewhere and its simply BS to believe that they are the only two countries that can effect greenhouse gases, even if they are the pollution leaders of the world. The U.S. needs to take ownership of our envorinmental flaws. If you knew anything, you'd know Jackson is 100% behind this bill you hate so much! Your fabulous article is a bunch of mumbo jumbo from a republican senator who is giving his take of what Jackson actually stated about "the center of the chart." Wheres the whole chart and the rest of what Jackson stated? This article is cut and paste from a republicans point of view. How about giving one of the supporting democrats views, or are we just listening to republicans now? Higher taxes suck, but Jackson has stated repeatedly that fixing our environment will be costly on our part. Nothings free these days, including clean air.
    First you stated that this was something that happened under George Bush. The statement was made by the EPA commissioner in the senate hearing. You then dismiss the entire thing as a republican talking point. Sure she is behind it but what about the statement dont you get. Your logic seems to indicate the following...Yes we need to reduce our emissions. Yes it will be quite costly. No it wont have any impact unless China and India participate. Amazing!!!

Now I made it abundantly clear that China nor India have even implemented 10% of the environmental laws we have today. Neither have been willing to step up to do anything to lower their carbon emissions. So you want us to bear the brunt of reducing carbon emissions while China and India do nothing under the idea of the U.S. showing leadership. Clean Air aint free ..Thats for dam sure. Go spend a few days over in Bejing and you will find out how bad it is. Its an environmental tsunami over in that part of the world. BIGBOW one of these days a throw away comment that higher taxes are necessary is going to come back and haunt you. Put simply you are asking americans to pay more in taxes at a time when more folks are losing their jobs and have less money to address an issue that may in fact not be an issue and B if it is an issue may not be something that man can fix..all the while China, India, Mexico, and a bunch of other countries can do nothing when the EPA Head has stated it wont solve anything unless they participate. Is that about the size of it??

"Angling is extremely time consuming. That's sort of the whole point." - Thomas McGuane

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Chats
    Groans

No.. you dont have it in the least bit!!!

1. My point was that Bush would not join the protocol and Obama is on the other end... What dont YOU get about that?
    2. You seem to think your info is new to me.. it aint at almighty wise one.
    3. You again established my point.. if China and India wont change regulations, why should we? Thats stupid as hell! We should know better and set examples.
    4. You took a small piece of the big picture from Jacksons argument. She did not say anything close to "we should not get involved if they dont"
    5. One of the first posts for this thread said this bickering would get us now where.. it hasnt. I opted for change this time around and so far I've been happy with many of the results.

For all of your arguments against this bill, there are just as many arguments for it, if not more. Same thing with global warming! I could sit here for hours posting links to biased reports just like you guys, but I would expect the insults to come pouring down. Its all good, our views are just at complete opposite sides of the spectrum.

Blog Entries
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    694 Posts
    Chats
    Groans

No.. you dont have it in the least bit!!!

1. My point was that Bush would not join the protocol and Obama is on the other end... What dont YOU get about that?
    2. You seem to think your info is new to me.. it aint at almighty wise one.
    3. You again established my point.. if China and India wont change regulations, why should we? Thats stupid as hell! We should know better and set examples. You know its almost like I dont know how to respond to this. We should set examples. Do you honestly believe in your mythical world that China is going to say..That U.S.A they sure are setting a good example we should follow suit.
    4. You took a small piece of the big picture from Jacksons argument. She did not say anything close to "we should not get involved if they dont"Dude you need to try to understand context. Of course she is for the bill..You think she wanted that piece of information to get out that it wont have an impact.
    5. One of the first posts for this thread said this bickering would get us now where.. it hasnt. I opted for change this time around and so far I've been happy with many of the results. Im glad you are happy with the results...Quadrupling of our debt,rising unemployment, a world apologiy tour, giving away the farm to Russia this past week, completely abandoning his promise on transparency and accountability. Yep the president is batting a 1000.

For all of your arguments against this bill, there are just as many arguments for it, if not more. Same thing with global warming! I could sit here for hours posting links to biased reports just like you guys, but I would expect the insults to come pouring down. Its all good, our views are just at complete opposite sides of the spectrum.
    You sure are one to talk about insults BIGBOW. I am happy to debate but frankly only you want to do is ignore facts and restate your view. Did you happen to read on any of my posts that I think investing in alternative energy is a gread idea. I firmly disagree with the approach being taken. Did you happen to read that money from carbon credits is going to go outside of our country? Did you happen to read where I stated that agristate congressman are being paid off by continuing to subsidize ethanol even though its been proven to not be a green technology? Did you happen to read where I stated that UN environmental experts cant even agree to what level these gases would need to be reduced to quote/unquote reverse greenhouse gas impact? So how do you set up a treaty to reduce emissions when you cant figure out what its going to take.

No you didnt read it because it doesnt match your particular view. We could agree that we should invest in cleaner energy. We probably disagree on how it should be done. Once again.Former President Bush wasnt the only one who didnt elecet to ratify the Kyoto protocol. Pres Clinton opted not to ratify it either. Have a nice night BIGBOW...You can probably sleep with the windows open as its one of the coolest summer nights around. On the plus side you dont have to burn any carbon to stay cool. On the down side it sure does make you wonder whats going on with all this cool weather we are having...maybe we are entering an ice age..like back in the 1980s.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    552 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 25 Times in 25 Posts

Please post any new info you may find. I think it rediculous for ANY president to deny our involvement.....
    are you slow or just to far left????!?!?!?!?!?!?!

EPA Report Suppressed; EPA Climate Change Report Cover Up Obama to Blame? Right Pundits

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
    Mark Twain

http://www.savebristolbay.org/

REAL FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS SPOON FEED

http://www.roehard.com

http://www.glsteelheadco.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    552 Posts
    Chats
    Groans

Pat Buchanan is one of the most conservative political commentators out there. What is there to smoke here? Its biased. Theres two sides to every story.. dont forget that. Its fine to disagree here, but when it comes to politics theres always going to be various arguments and I dont think this interview helps yours much.

you are fighting a losing battle here my felow NEFF'r. Just face the facts. This is a bill we don't need.

Mark Twain

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    552 Posts
    Chats
    Groans

Mark Twain

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    552 Posts
    Chats
    Groans

Watch the whole video before you start throwing out your b.s. This means you Bigbow. WHERE ARE YOUR FACTS?!?! You ask for them, but have yet to provide any that this bill means a cleaner environment!!!!!!
    This talks about the climate bill and the transfer of wealth and power from the local government to a world government. It's an interview with Joe Scarbourough. He says it wont get passsed in the senate

YouTube - Joe Scarborough apologizes to 9/11 truth activists in confrontation.

Mark Twain