Simms
Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 26 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 72 of 319
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    2,049
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    229
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    554
    Thanked in
    376 Posts
    Chats
    54
    Groans
    1
    Groaned 9 Times in 9 Posts


    Re: Global Warming a Hoax, don't worry you will still pay for it.

    Well, that big collapse that will really shake things up may not be the alarmist nightmare that we all think it is.

    Roll up the windows Brian, you're letting the stank out.

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Milltown, NJ/Walton NY
    Posts
    559
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    471
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    299
    Thanked in
    156 Posts
    Chats
    0
    Groans
    5
    Groaned 1 Time in 1 Post


    Re: Global Warming a Hoax, don't worry you will still pay for it.

    Bottom line is were f----d
    Thanks Obama Hussein and the Idiots that voted for him
    That's a double

    Arundinaria amabilis

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Pine Barrens, NJ
    Posts
    911
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    21
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    26
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Chats
    0
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts


    Re: Global Warming a Hoax, don't worry you will still pay for it.

    [quote=MACFLY;146692][quote=BIGBOW;146680] you assume its a problem for one. If its a problem you assume it can be fixed number 2. If it aint broken, dont fix it. Well we're broken people. you might be broken but I feel fine.[/QUOTE]
    What are you even saying here? Listen, Im not gonna get into politics on a fly fishing website. My only argument was that regardless of global warming or not, this bill is for a cleaner environment. Not many bills these days are perfect, but at least I feel we are heading in the right direction. Im not broken in the least beat, just a little worried about my future and the idiots I have to share it with. I can tell you're a hardcore republican, which is fine, but you sound pretty closed minded and pessimistic to me.

    Listen To The River Sing Sweet Songs To Rock My Soul...

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Wasilla, Alaska
    Posts
    4,253
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,176
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    900
    Thanked in
    552 Posts
    Chats
    826
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 25 Times in 25 Posts


    Re: Global Warming a Hoax, don't worry you will still pay for it.

    Quote Originally Posted by BIGBOW View Post
    My only argument was that regardless of global warming or not, this bill is for a cleaner environment. Not many bills these days are perfect....


    EHHHHHH. WRONG!

    This bill has NOTHING to do with a cleaner environment. It may seem like it on the surface, but the bottom line for this bill is to suck more money out of you and me as well as the rest of the country. Have you been paying attention to any of these posts?? This bill if passed will increase anything and everything that has to do with using energy. Lets see here, yip, that's everything out there. Your gas prices will increase, it will cost you more on your electric or gas bill. EVERYTHING! This bill is not about republicans or democrats, because for the most part they are all one in the same. We shall call them republocrats, because that's what they are. (most of them anyways) They would like you to think there is a left and right on this issue, but when it comes down to it, look at what they vote for. I do believe two of the republicans that voted in favor of this bill came from New Jersey. I know one came from New York. It's a shame that these people who are elected to represent us would vote in favor of a bill that will royally f_ck each and every one of us right in the arse with no lube. So, do some more research before you start to even think that this is a bill to "help the environment".

    Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
    Mark Twain

    http://www.savebristolbay.org/

    REAL FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS SPOON FEED

    http://www.roehard.com

    http://www.glsteelheadco.com




  5. #65
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Everyone wants to know that
    Posts
    1,498
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,302
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2,354
    Thanked in
    1,068 Posts
    Chats
    0
    Groans
    8
    Groaned 11 Times in 11 Posts


    Re: Global Warming a Hoax, don't worry you will still pay for it.

    Quote Originally Posted by CTobias View Post
    EHHHHHH. WRONG!

    ... this bill is to suck more money out of you and me as well as the rest of the country.

    Right on BROTHER...

    Just like the UAW and AFL/CIO has done.


  6. #66
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    11,853
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,612
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,077
    Thanked in
    693 Posts
    Chats
    3088
    Groans
    28
    Groaned 33 Times in 33 Posts


    Re: Global Warming a Hoax, don't worry you will still pay for it.

    [quote=BIGBOW;146763][quote=MACFLY;146692]
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGBOW View Post
    you assume its a problem for one. If its a problem you assume it can be fixed number 2. If it aint broken, dont fix it. Well we're broken people. you might be broken but I feel fine.[/QUOTE]
    What are you even saying here? Listen, Im not gonna get into politics on a fly fishing website. My only argument was that regardless of global warming or not, this bill is for a cleaner environment. Not many bills these days are perfect, but at least I feel we are heading in the right direction. Im not broken in the least beat, just a little worried about my future and the idiots I have to share it with. I can tell you're a hardcore republican, which is fine, but you sound pretty closed minded and pessimistic to me.
    Bigbow you are an absolute rip. You claim you arent going to get into politics but every other comments is a shot at republicans and quote unquote idiots you have to share your future with. Whats so hard to understand. You think this is a positive environmental bill. Your entitled to your belief. I believe its a monumentally flawed piece of legislation. I provided you with one of many clear example of why it is flawed. When I stated you assume its broken you know exactly what I am referring to. You assume there is climate change and b you assume we can fix it. If you assume for a moment global warming is happening you have to know that no one can even agree on what needs to be done to reverse it. No one knows how much greenhouse gas needs to be reduced. Some speculate that 60% from todays level is the number but they will tell you they really dont know. You think Im a closed minded republican. Really what you are saying is because I dont agree with your view Im close minded. Now doesnt that really make you close minded. Y

    ou want to invest in alternative energy..great Im all for it. Incent folks to invest in the new techonology. There is absolutely zero need for a bill of this scale and for the impact it will have on our country. This bill is a tax on you and I and not a clean energy bill. LIke the stimulus bill and the omnibus spending bill it is filled with waste and is based on a flawed belief. Sorry Bigbow you are way off base on this one. The best one is your comment that no bill is perfect these days..>Thats an understatement if I ever heard one. Of course it doesnt really matter. Its an academic discussion. Its highly likely to pass. You can judge for yourself if its successful in a few years.

    "Angling is extremely time consuming. That's sort of the whole point." - Thomas McGuane

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Unadilla, New York
    Posts
    5,213
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    690
    Thanked in
    491 Posts
    Chats
    683
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 24 Times in 22 Posts


    Re: Global Warming a Hoax, don't worry you will still pay for it.

    I'm still waitin' to hear how much some Company that spews out CO2 is gonna pay me per acre to grow trees... I'm hopin' to retire early.

    PAY UP for your energy Fellas... I need a boat...

    John
    Some circumstantial evidence is very strong, as when you find a trout in the milk.--Henry David Thoreau

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    11,853
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,612
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,077
    Thanked in
    693 Posts
    Chats
    3088
    Groans
    28
    Groaned 33 Times in 33 Posts


    Re: Global Warming a Hoax, don't worry you will still pay for it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Future Fanatic View Post
    I'm still waitin' to hear how much some Company that spews out CO2 is gonna pay me per acre to grow trees... I'm hopin' to retire early.

    PAY UP for your energy Fellas... I need a boat...
    Where the hell you gonna plant more trees. You already have a forest up there. By the way you are going to have to compete with other countries around the globe. Some of the money from those carbon permits and offsets go to the international community. More goes to helping other countries transition to a carbon neutral economy. Still more about 5 percent will go to prevent international deforestation...Arent we a nice country????

    "Angling is extremely time consuming. That's sort of the whole point." - Thomas McGuane

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Unadilla, New York
    Posts
    5,213
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    690
    Thanked in
    491 Posts
    Chats
    683
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 24 Times in 22 Posts


    Re: Global Warming a Hoax, don't worry you will still pay for it.

    Quote Originally Posted by MACFLY View Post
    Where the hell you gonna plant more trees. You already have a forest up there. By the way you are going to have to compete with other countries around the globe. Some of the money from those carbon permits and offsets go to the international community. More goes to helping other countries transition to a carbon neutral economy. Still more about 5 percent will go to prevent international deforestation...Arent we a nice country????
    They are gonna pay me to NOT cut my trees down. Trout Slayer 3000(Hydes are for wussies) here I come!

    John
    Some circumstantial evidence is very strong, as when you find a trout in the milk.--Henry David Thoreau

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Wasilla, Alaska
    Posts
    4,253
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,176
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    900
    Thanked in
    552 Posts
    Chats
    826
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 25 Times in 25 Posts


    Re: Global Warming a Hoax, don't worry you will still pay for it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Future Fanatic View Post
    (Hydes are for wussies) here I come!
    Future you can buy a Clacka Crap....if I were you though I would look at a Willies as well as a Hyde. Both great boats. Anyways.......what were we talking about?? Oh yeah. Al Gore sucks...he may not have invented the internet..but he sure made up global warming.

    Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
    Mark Twain

    http://www.savebristolbay.org/

    REAL FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS SPOON FEED

    http://www.roehard.com

    http://www.glsteelheadco.com




  11. #71
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    11,853
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,612
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,077
    Thanked in
    693 Posts
    Chats
    3088
    Groans
    28
    Groaned 33 Times in 33 Posts


    Re: Global Warming a Hoax, don't worry you will still pay for it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Future Fanatic View Post
    They are gonna pay me to NOT cut my trees down. Trout Slayer 3000(Hydes are for wussies) here I come!
    Hey maybe you can qualify for the cash for clunkers program. They are giving you up to 4500 to turn your old gas guzzling evil vehicle for a greener vehicle. Whats more green than a drift boat? Do me a favor and try it...Somthing tells me your gonna get a check.

    "Angling is extremely time consuming. That's sort of the whole point." - Thomas McGuane

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Morris County
    Posts
    526
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Chats
    0
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts


    Re: Global Warming a Hoax, don't worry you will still pay for it.

    Quote Originally Posted by MACFLY View Post
    This bill and the healthcare bill and the illegal immigration bill currently being written are basically done deals now that the Sen. Franken will be seated probably next week. So while the discussion on this board goes on its really a foregone conclusion that we will have some form of nationalized healthcare, a new energy bill, and immigration bill. The fall session will likely see a run at social security reform. So by the end of 2009 (in the span of one year) its a good bet that you will have a radically altered U.S. of A.
    Even with Al the joke Franken, the Blue Dog southern dems are all against this bill, if they vote with the republicans it wouldn't pass. Senator Lousenberg's, staff said, that he would not support this bill in its current form, that it needed to be rewritten, of course with his track record, him helping to rewrite could make it worse. It actually passed the House because five republicans voted yes, three of whom are from NJ, 30 democrates (again southern blue dogs) voted no.