Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    121 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 1 Time in 1 Post

Re: Odnjbfb

Fortunately there are alernatives, and I will not be at the BFB for a few weeks.

Pray for the YRTCA!

NJPB

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

I fished the lower Musky for 4 hours today, and saw only 1 other fisherman on a 2-mile stretch of water. Now, the meat truck must not have shown up yet, because I spotted no fish. There were caddis galore, midges, bwo's and stone flies, and I didn't see a single fish rise. It was worth the skunking just to get some peace and quiet on a gorgeous stream. I did see the douchebags in Bloomsbury fishing the slow water in their backyards, it was kind of comical after a nice hike in the woods and nymphing pocket water.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Chats
    Groans

There were 25 guys fishing in werner's pool in that picture....that must have been SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much fun!!!!

john

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Chats
    Groans

Me and jay fished the gorge today there was nobody there maybee ten guys at most we caught about 30 fish between us i got 22 jay got 8

It was fun we fished the entire gorge twice over lots of brookies and some wild browns and a few hold over rainbows.

All the brookies were on buggers pick a color.And he rest were on emergers rs2's nopics today its was a fish fast and hard day sorry.

Ps saw about 5 or 6 dead fish with half there mouths ripped off

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 1 Time in 1 Post

Here is a thought to consider, although I personally do not like the meat hunters they do make up the majority and that's a lot of license fees for their relatively short span of interest in trout fishing April 1 to May 30. The state of NJ has done a great job over the last several years providing a lot of nice size and quanities of fish. I have to think we benefit in the long run with all the license fees. I wonder if we would have the quality, quantity and frequency of stocking without them. I do not think fly fisherman put all that much into the fund compared to the others.

North Jersey

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Chats
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by jamiep View Post
    Me and jay fished the gorge today there was nobody there maybee ten guys at most we caught about 30 fish between us i got 22 jay got 8

It was fun we fished the entire gorge twice over lots of brookies and some wild browns and a few hold over rainbows.

All the brookies were on buggers pick a color.And he rest were on emergers rs2's nopics today its was a fish fast and hard day sorry.

Ps saw about 5 or 6 dead fish with half there mouths ripped off
    22?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,040 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 27 Times in 26 Posts

Seems the equivalent of hunting in your 2 foot by 2 foot deer stand on opening day with 15 of your closest friends

Glad I always sit on the sidelines for this event. I understand it is fun for some, but I am not one of them. Glad to see the interest in our sport, wish we could get that level of concern for the resource.

A sinking fly is closer to Hell - ​Unknown

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Chats
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by jlajoie View Post
    22?
    I lied when i said i lost count didnt want to make you feel bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Chats
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by jamiep View Post
    I lied when i said i lost count didnt want to make you feel bad.
    Damn. That hurts.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    Chats
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle Claw View Post
    Here is a thought to consider, although I personally do not like the meat hunters they do make up the majority and that's a lot of license fees for their relatively short span of interest in trout fishing April 1 to May 30. The state of NJ has done a great job over the last several years providing a lot of nice size and quanities of fish. I have to think we benefit in the long run with all the license fees. I wonder if we would have the quality, quantity and frequency of stocking without them. I do not think fly fisherman put all that much into the fund compared to the others.
    EC, You're right on the money about the license sales and the fish stocked. I hate to say it, but we need those guys if we want our rivers stocked. I was asked by 4 guys to take a pic of them with their bounty of fish. After they all held up their 6 fish each and smiled I asked them why they fish when it's this crowded and they said "it's a tradition", then I asked why they all kept their limits and they said "it's part of the tradition." I just smiled and walked away.

Any idea why the state makes everyone wait until 8am to fish? Why not let the fiasco start at 0 dark thirty?

Newbie, there were at least a dozen guys in the top of the pool I couldn't get in the pic. I would guess a total of 40.

Jamie and Jay, you two are a trip. You guys always keep me laughing.

Simms, We probably passed or maybe talked to each other at Haney's Mill. I was there at 8am as well.

Cdog

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    346 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 5 Times in 5 Posts

Talking Re: Odnjbfb

Quote Originally Posted by Corndog View Post
    .......Any idea why the state makes everyone wait until 8am to fish? Why not let the fiasco start at 0 dark thirty?.....
    Like they said..."It's a tradition".

They even close the Seasonal TCAs for 7 hours & 59 minutes so they can have a tradition too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Chats
    Groans

As much as it bothers me to see stringers of fish being pulled from a stream, I find it funny that most of the guys doing the keeping are pulling purely stocked fish, with the occasional wild or "acclimated" holdover fish thrown in. BHC, I know we talked about the stocking a few weeks ago when Jamie and I were up there for ODNY, but do you guys have any statistics on what the chances of overpopulation of trout would be if there were a 1 fish limit per person? I would have to think that with the few thousand fish thrown into the KLG for example, starvation and slower growth rates could be an issue...
    I dunno, just a thought.
    And, those stockies are certainly not the sharpest tool in the stream, er, shed....

Thread Information