Thread: Gatti rods

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 1 Time in 1 Post

Thanks, that's the conclusion I was coming to. Still want to try a Gatti but will always ask myself when I see advertising about the latest and greatest rods on the market "is it really worth it" when spending 500 to 700 for a new rod. I have been disappointed too many times. I think the only way to compare is with both your old rod and the new prospect in your hands at the same time side by side. Too many times I have heard hype and got it in my head that a rod is the best thing out there only to find out later when testing side by side that the diferance is only slight and most of it was in my head because I had the newest in my hand.

North Jersey

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

Check out this link for some info about the blanks and their characteristics: Gatti Blanks

Check out the FRC's... Wow - a 9' 2 weight? Ooooo... I'm am SO tempted to build one.

It sounds like that thing might just... just might... drop a wee dry fly to the surface film like a dust mote trapped on the tip of the finest gossamer spider web, wafting in a soft current of air...

Ahhh... but I wax poetic... somebody pinch me forthwith, for I shan't... OW! Oh yeah, that's right - I'm broke!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Chats
    Groans

Nice Scott.............i hearded it, and i likeded it. Arnold sorry, but you know how it is on weekends. I'm making up for lost time with my wife. And we've always got somethin' goin'.........litterally AND figurtively. Bout all i can tell you is that the very first time i ever layed down a cast with my Gatti, it was about 20 ft. further than any good cast i had ever made before. And i was standing in front of a whole bunch of really good casters (of which i am not) at a Fish-IN. So i was nervous. But that experience was so much fun. I looked good, LMAO. I bought it less than an hour later. I'm an impulse buyer, but i hardly EVER regret buying what i buy. And my Gatti is one of the best purchases i ever made. Just wait til the Gathering and compare side by side like you said. Bingo. mark

Mark J. Romero
    www.fudr.org
    607-498-9944
    M&M Fly Fishing
    JazzMark Gallery
    94 Yorktown Road
    Roscoe, N.Y. 12776-5017

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 1 Time in 1 Post

I will definitly try it and I am convinced it is the only way to compare rods with what one has.Sounds like it may really impress me, thanks. Now you have my permission to make up for lost time.

North Jersey

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Chats
    Groans

Gatti Rods

Hello Mark,

Did you ever get that Gatti 906 3PA? The one I was trying to sell you had a new tip and the repaired tip. I sold the rod just a couple years ago to a guy on Troutnut.com for $150. I still have the miracle wrapped repaired tip. If you know anyone with that rod I'd give it to them for free. But they would have to come and pick it up at my place on the West Branch.

I've just posted two new Gatti's; a FR865 3PA and a FR107 3PA both are customs that I built for myself and never fished. I still have a FR805TA custom, FR864 3PA custom, FR904 3PA factory, FR905TA custom, FRHP905TA custom, FR906 3PA custom, FR907TA factory, and a FR908TA custom. I still use the 904, 906, and 907 often. The others I use once in a while.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Friday August 23, 2013.JPG 
Views:	86 
Size:	101.7 KB 
ID:	12177   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01913.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	311.2 KB 
ID:	12176  
    Fly fisher for fifty-five years and still loving it!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    137 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

Re: Gatti rods

Hes had 12 years to find one

Thread Information