Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

Angry Salmon River/Little Sandy River STOLEN GEAR

Hey Guys JUst a heads up. My truck was broken into between 10AM and 1 PM Saturday. I was on my first trip ever to Salmon fishing meeting up with friends there. We drove up to the Little Sandy River to get away from the mobs and parked near the bridge on Miner Hill Rd.

While fishing I sunddenly felt weird and left the river and hlked back to my truck.

Everything looked fine but when I opened the door all my fishing gear was gone.

Be on the lookout, yea right for the following gear.

1 z axis 9-6wt-4pc
    1 z axis 8.6-5wt-4pc
    1 tfo ticr 9-5wt-4pc
    1 gloomis streamdance metoluis 7-3wt-3pc
    1 lamiglass traveler 7-3w7-3pc
    1 redington wayfarer 9-3wt-5pc

1 abel creek2 loaded with 5wt and xtra 6 wt spool
    1 orvis bbs 2 loaded with 3wt
    1 redington 3/4 cd loaded with 3wt.

1 fishpond 4 comp reel case loaded with the above reels
    1 cloudveil sage colored jacket used to wrap and carry away the above stuff.

Theyt left cameras, wallets, checkbooks and construction tools. They took only fishing gear and just may be stupid enough to hawk the stuff as apackage.

the 6wt rod and able reel are personalized with the name chris painted and etched respectively.

Thus ends my fishing for the season the bastards took everything. Please put the word out to shops and friends alike. Ther is a lowlife or lowlifes doing car clouts in the pulaski area.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    490 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 4 Times in 4 Posts

Re: Salmon River/Little Sandy River STOLEN GEAR

Unreal that will make me think twice about bringing extra gear sorry to hear that Chris I hope some one catches them and then it will be a good time for an old fashioned linching .

Blog Entries
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    553 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 13 Times in 12 Posts

What assholes... How the hell could they take all that crap and leave behind the good stuff?

Seriously... That blows, I'm really sorry to hear about that. 1 word, Heartbreaking. Here you have years of stuff and some jerkoff comes and takes it away.

I do have to ask 1 question though... Why did you leave all of that stuff in your truck? Did you make a police report for insurance? You can probably get some of the value back through home owners insurance. I know that doesn't replace everything but...

Hey, I Hope you find the scumbag who did this.

P.s

Anyone wanna buy a new rod... well, kinda new? I have a few to choose from.

Just kidding. I know you're probably sick over this.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisR View Post

Hey Guys JUst a heads up. My truck was broken into between 10AM and 1 PM Saturday. I was on my first trip ever to Salmon fishing meeting up with friends there. We drove up to the Little Sandy River to get away from the mobs and parked near the bridge on Miner Hill Rd.

While fishing I sunddenly felt weird and left the river and hlked back to my truck.

Everything looked fine but when I opened the door all my fishing gear was gone.

Be on the lookout, yea right for the following gear.

1 z axis 9-6wt-4pc
    1 z axis 8.6-5wt-4pc
    1 tfo ticr 9-5wt-4pc
    1 gloomis streamdance metoluis 7-3wt-3pc
    1 lamiglass traveler 7-3w7-3pc
    1 redington wayfarer 9-3wt-5pc

1 abel creek2 loaded with 5wt and xtra 6 wt spool
    1 orvis bbs 2 loaded with 3wt
    1 redington 3/4 cd loaded with 3wt.

1 fishpond 4 comp reel case loaded with the above reels
    1 cloudveil sage colored jacket used to wrap and carry away the above stuff.

Theyt left cameras, wallets, checkbooks and construction tools. They took only fishing gear and just may be stupid enough to hawk the stuff as apackage.

the 6wt rod and able reel are personalized with the name chris painted and etched respectively.

Thus ends my fishing for the season the bastards took everything. Please put the word out to shops and friends alike. Ther is a lowlife or lowlifes doing car clouts in the pulaski area.

System Admin and fly fishing extraordinaire: Dennis Cabarle

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts
    Chats
    Groans

If I were you I'd keep an eye on ebay for that stuff. Chances are they'll try to sell it there since there's little to no oversight. Just start searching for people selling something similar and look at their other items for sale. It might turn up some leads. That sucks though, apart from the value of the things lost there's a really terrible feeling that come along with having stuff taken from you like that. I'll keep my eyes open on ebay and let you know if I see anything suspect. I hope you get the stuff back, good luck.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Chats
    Groans

Dude,,,that suck's man. I used to carry all my gear in my car like you, until one day I read a post about a car getting busted into while someone was fishing BFB. I stopped doing THAT. Sounds like a couple of ASSHOLES who either arent fond of fisherman (who wouldnt love us) or kids being jerk-offs. I hope you get your gear back bro'. I would diffenatly fill out a police report.

OCFLY

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Chats
    Groans

like previously said get a police report and price everything out, if your car insurance wont cover it (they usually won't) you can claim it through home owners or renters insurance... same thing happened to my brother at the beginning of this year

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Chats
    Groans

Thanks for the support.

The first thing I did was get the police on seen Thank motorola for cell phones.

The second thing I did was make a claim with insurance...but as it was the weekend the outcome of that is yet to be determined.

today I posted to the forum and catskill flies forum. I also emailed every shop in the pulaski area.

The streamdance is virtually un-ob-tainium. I won't be able to replace that rod. The rest well all the other rods and reels are still in production.

Again thanks for the support. If you know anyone that fly fish's pass the word along. If your on any forums that may be helpful please repost my message there. If you own a fly shop, pawn shop, are an ebay addict paaa-lease keep your eyes wide open. Pay attention for the shopping list; coincidentally being auctioned from a same source. The more eyes the better. The more ears the better. The more people are dialed in the better.

The odds at the moment are 50/50 that anything will pan out. By the end of the week 100 : 1 against.

Heres a true story ...a friend had two ducati race bikes and the van they were in stolen. The van was found a few blocks away empty. Within 24 hrs the info was conveyed via internet nationwide to virtually every ducati owner. The info was pasted on and one to a friend here and a shop there.

A week later a harley shop in boston called the guy and told him to come identify the two bikes. after positive ID they waited for the guys to come in and pick the bikes up from service and were arrested when they did.

I remain optimistic.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Chats
    Groans

Chris,
    That stinks bigtime. Sad to say, the salmon season brings the goons out.

(Chris, just a thought ....you may want to post this on Salmon Crazy also, if you're not a member there I could cut and paste or link it for you. Let me know)

"I'm your huckleberry"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    406 Posts
    Chats
    Groans

My good friend, I'm really sorry, thats as low as you can get, to steal from a fellow fisher.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Chats
    Groans

If they took everything--what the heck were u fishing with???Saw a couple of guys from VT pull in on Sat---higher than you were though.The water was way low.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts
    Chats
    Groans

That f'n sucks. Italian curse to those who did you wrong. My uncle had some stuff stolen on the Flatbrook in NJ some years back but those guys were stupid because the took a basket creel, a bag, and some fly boxes but left two rod tubes.

Looks like the people who got you were targeting people who bring spare gear. I mean who doesn't carry extra rods and reels, especially when traveling. Keep checking ebay, I will try to and let you know if I see anything. There are alot of eyes on this site, let's all pitch in doing random searches if we can. Total bullshit when you can't fish without worrying about your spare gear that's locked in your car. Let's hope the get the mf's.

"You hate people"..."But I love gatherings, isn't it ironic"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Chats
    Groans

I had never been salmon fishing. My friend from Maine and his buddy from Conn. invited me . They provided salmon gear. My intention after salmon fishing was to head over to the adirondaks for some trout on sunday. Work in half moon NY monday ( I am a carpenter) Then on to the esopus monday and see what trout fishing there was like. Then home to Florida, NY. so in fact I have no more fly rods or reels because they were liberated from me. I did not have anything to fish for salmon and had my friends not offered to hook me up with a rod/reel and shown me the ropes the whole event would have sucked big time. Excuse me for not putting that out there before. Hopefully that answrs your question.

Basically I was going to do a grand loop. It turned out to be not so grand.

Listen guys thanks for the support. I didn't just hang my head. Because I was with my buddies, after finishing up with the police we went back down to the Salmon where I hooked up with 2 Beautiful salmon. Even if I didn't land them that 20 minutes of salmon vs. man was memorable. I was totally surprised when I had the first strike and the steelie launched outta the water. Hearing your line snap like a .22 is different. I didn't hang it up in defeat. I did what I could to still have some positive come of the day. I controlled what I could and made the best out of a shitty think.

Not sure whether I would go back to Pulaski again it was a circus and given what happened to me I just have to wonder how many other people get ripped off when they go and it's just not vocalized.

But I definitely want to go salmon fishing again.

Thread Information