Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hardy Jet Perfection Rods

Yes, gentleman, I married her for her striking looks and body, mind and soul (Future Fanatic will tell you that). But I also married her because she has a keen sense of fly fishing, even though she's not an angler one bit (she prefers reading a novel on the bank while I'm chasing the fish), and that keen sense has produced for me a brand new Hardy Jet Perfection Fiberglass 7.5 4wt rod. Opened it up last night for my birthday, and let me tell you I almost started crying. Not sure if I've ever felt such grace from a fly rod before in my life. Graphite is wonderful, and my rods run the gamit of graphite, but if you're like me, I began to miss a good fiberglass rod. I'm sure you guys understand that this Jet is not one of those bulky, ugly fiberglass poles from yesteryear. This one's thin, loose, sweet as honey. I don't mean to sound boastful here, but gentlemen I'm in love.

Similar Threads:
    Mike Ulrichs

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    491 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 24 Times in 22 Posts

Mike,
    Could it be that these rods are a little scarce and no one knows much about them? Or maybe they suck, but no one wants to rain on your parade. Hey, I'M happy for you... I'd be interested if anyone else enjoys fiberglass rods...

John

John
    Some circumstantial evidence is very strong, as when you find a trout in the milk.--Henry David Thoreau

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Chats
    Groans

Suck? Suck? Did you say suck? How could you? You wanna fight?

Mike Ulrichs

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    491 Posts
    Chats
    Groans

Operative word there is MAYBE... Maybe they suck... It was offered only as a possibility of why no one responded!
    John

John
    Some circumstantial evidence is very strong, as when you find a trout in the milk.--Henry David Thoreau

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    134 Posts
    Chats
    Groans

Thumbs up

If you ask me, I feel that this rod will be very cherished and probably made one of your favorite rods. Happy B-Day and I am glad to hear a nice story like this.

Andy B

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    491 Posts
    Chats
    Groans

Andy B,
    I'm hoping he REALLY likes it so that maybe he'll feel the need to sell one of his other 4 weights . Sssshhhh. Don't say anything to him...

John

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Chats
    Groans

Cool glass rods

I've had a few fiberglass rods over the years. Everything from an Eagle Claw 6ft. 2 piece 5 wt. for $19.95 to a Wonder Rod, which at one time was state of the art. I recently gave away two fiberglass rods to friends from FAOL. Leon Chandler's (of Cortland fame) favorite rod is a Diamondback glass rod, 8 ft. 4 wt. Glass rods are wonderful to cast. They lie rght in between bamboo, and graphite, both chronologicly (litterally) and figuretively. They take you back to the sixties, when things were slower, and people drove heavy cars. I know a lot of Japanese collectors will pay a pretty penny for a good glass rod. Good luck with it Mike, and have a ton of fun casting with it, and landing that first fish. mark

Mark J. Romero
    www.fudr.org
    607-498-9944
    M&M Fly Fishing
    JazzMark Gallery
    94 Yorktown Road
    Roscoe, N.Y. 12776-5017

Thread Information