Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

Re: Larger independent guide services

Steve good luck on your quest for guides.. Just be mindful that in NJ anyone can claim to be a guide and certification is not required. You may also want to elaborate if their is any specific area on the East Coast that you are looking for independent guides.

When you do finally gather a group together remember that this site accepts advertising and you may want to advertise your services on this site. All items previously listed on this site have sold so just be prepared to be busy like a bee if you chose to advertise the services.

steves is offline Fishizzle, I use worms but I'm looking to upgrade!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Chats
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by theartoflee View Post
    When you do finally gather a group together remember that this site accepts advertising and you may want to advertise your services on this site. All items previously listed on this site have sold so just be prepared to be busy like a bee if you chose to advertise the services.
    This would definitely be the first place I would advertise, but with people like mcawful and especially Dave The Trout, I wouldnt in good conscience be able to until the my concerns are alleviated. Is he really a moderator? A new person comes on, gets attacked (gets wrongly called a spammer), when he points this out Dave the Trout tells him to cease or he will be banned, the reason for being banned? Did I do anything wrong? Nope, the people are his friends. If Dave the trout isnt a moderator he is giving the illusion he has the power to have ban people.

I think Dcabarle had a very good point when he pointed out all the people requesting information about fishing that many of you could of answered, but instead your mean spiritedness has you attack me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,068 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 11 Times in 11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by steves View Post
    your mean spiritedness has you attack me.
    Some body call?

As always, have both feet ready to pounce.

AK Skim

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts
    Chats
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by steves View Post
    Is he really a moderator? A new person comes on, gets attacked (gets wrongly called a spammer), when he points this out Dave the Trout tells him to cease or he will be banned, the reason for being banned?
    Their is only one admin and one moderator on this site. The moderator is Pete and the admin is dcabarle. Dave the Trout is an independent guide and member of this site.

Why not try lurking a while before jumping to conclusions about what the members of this site are actually like. Their are some solid members on this site with a wealth of information that will readily share it. Just keep in mind the average angler does not have a rolodex of Larger independent guide services.

Once again good luck and welcome to the site.

steves is offline Fishizzle, I use worms but I'm looking to upgrade!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Chats
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by theartoflee View Post
    Their is only one admin and one moderator on this site. The moderator is Pete and the admin is dcabarle. Dave the Trout is an independent guide and member of this site.

Why not try lurking a while before jumping to conclusions about what the members of this site are actually like. Their are some solid members on this site with a wealth of information that will readily share it. Just keep in mind the average angler does not have a rolodex of Larger independent guide services.

Once again good luck and welcome to the site.
    1) First of all thanks for your post of guides, I would of given you a "
    was helpful" but while I had that when I started it seems to not be available now? I am running os 9.2 and have been messing with my internet options so I dont know what I did.
    2) As far as jumping to conclusions about Dave. Yes, you are right, but look at his sentence "these guys are my freinds and you need to cease this now or face being banned" Doesnt that seem to imply he has the authority to have me banned? Especially to someone he KNOWS is new?

3) With the vitriolic posts of mcawful and dave, there is no way I would ever come back to this awful place, BUT one user shined through. He stood up to them and told them, with all these posts with no responses, several of which with your knowledge you could easily answer (ok I am adding the last part about easily answer, but I am sure its true), why are being negative on this one? Go elsewhere and be positive! And then he was extremely helpful and posted several guide lists. Thank you Dcabarle!

You have shown their is at least 1 diamond in the rough.

4) This is a great resource, I hope the administrator realizes how fast these guys run off new people. All I did was ask a question for information and I was called a spammer. But I will take your advice, and hopefully the admin will have a talk with mcawful and tell him bein awful to tone done his awfulnes

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Chats
    Groans

Wow,I got slammed! I really dont care..I just asked you to stop being what you were being,and It seems like you did. Stick around awhile and get to know me,you might just change your attitude! If not,I will continue to enjoy the days with or without your words of wisdom.
    DTT

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,068 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 11 Times in 11 Posts

To Unionize Independent Guide Services

Maybe, just maybe O'l Stevie-boy is a little too thin skinned to hang with the big boys on here.

I read his last post and it brought a tear to my eye (not!).

Get over it... learn to roll with the punches.

After all laddie, its just fun and games.

As always, more than willing to welcome a new member to the club.

AK Skim

Blog Entries
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    487 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 12 Times in 11 Posts

4) This is a great resource, I hope the administrator realizes how fast these guys run off new people. All I did was ask a question for information and I was called a spammer. But I will take your advice, and hopefully the admin will have a talk with mcawful and tell him bein awful to tone done his awfulnes
    Steves,

This is an open forum. At times, things get read into a little far and at other times things don't get read into enough. I normally give the poster the benefit of a doubt. It's possible Mcawful and Dave are making valid points and might eventually be able to tell me, "We told you so." Either way, the info I gave you is not top secret classified information. I see no harm.

Give the site another try. You'll find that most of the people here mean well. From what I know of Dave, he's a good guy. He's taken the initiative to gather fishing items for kids in need. He's offered to take people fishing free of charge on numerous occasions. I'm not sure if he's actually a guide or not but he's always been friendly and helpful around here. I think his heart is in the right place.

Pictures taken before/after/during fly fishing:
    http://dcabarle.smugmug.com/Sports/F...79119552_XXeHe

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 1 Time in 1 Post

Well, this is getting interesting 3 guides with no shop? HMMMMM. You need an outfitterless outfitter

Thread Information