Delaware River Club
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    steves is offline Fishizzle, I use worms but I'm looking to upgrade!
    Thanks
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

Larger independent guide services

Am looking to collect contacts for all the larger independent guide services, ie, have at least 3 guides and DO NOT work for a fly shop. If people could provide me with guide service that have at least 3 guides that are NOT affiliated with a fly shop please pm me the contact info. Does not matter what part they service.

Thanks
    Chats
    Groans

Re: Larger independent guide services

SPAM. Steve, are you for real? Your 1st post and you are asking the board for contact info? Get real. I have no idea what your agenda is, but I doubt it is good.

McA

Thanks
    Chats
    Groans

Are you looking for fluffers?

Thanks
    Chats
    Groans

Notice that Steve took the time to groan at my post. Notice that Steve did NOT take the time to explain his agenda. Why we should hand you contact info for our colleagues and friends? I'm sure they will not mind all of the invasive emails for Shinola or whatever it is you are peddling. Go ahead and groan. I am just looking out for board members that CONTRIBUTE SOMETHING to help out others.

Ralph, I think he may have that covered himself...

McA

Thanks
    Chats
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by McAwful View Post
    Notice that Steve took the time to groan at my post. Notice that Steve did NOT take the time to explain his agenda. Why we should hand you contact info for our colleagues and friends? I'm sure they will not mind all of the invasive emails for Shinola or whatever it is you are peddling. Go ahead and groan. I am just looking out for board members that CONTRIBUTE SOMETHING to help out others.

Ralph, I think he may have that covered himself...

McA
    I am peddaling nothing. I think it is time for you to read the user agreement about making attacks against others. Please explain how I am spamming this board?

Thanks
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 23 Times in 21 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by steves View Post
    Am looking to collect contacts for all the larger independent guide services, ie, have at least 3 guides and DO NOT work for a fly shop. If people could provide me with guide service that have at least 3 guides that are NOT affiliated with a fly shop please pm me the contact info. Does not matter what part they service.
    Why?.......

John
    Some circumstantial evidence is very strong, as when you find a trout in the milk.--Henry David Thoreau

Thanks
    Chats
    Groans

Steve,

If you think that me questioning your motives (which you still have not made clear) as an attack, then you did not read or do not understand the forum rules. I might also add the you are in violation of #7 as you are soliciting board members.

"VII. Chain letters, wagers, betting pools, pyramid schemes,
    and solicitations are strictly forbidden."

If Dennis has a problem with my post, I'm sure he will let me know about it. He is quite vocal and seems to have omnipresence when his site is concerned.

McA

Thanks
    Chats
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by McAwful View Post
    Steve,

If you think that me questioning your motives (which you still have not made clear) as an attack, then you did not read or do not understand the forum rules. I might also add the you are in violation of #7 as you are soliciting board members.

"VII. Chain letters, wagers, betting pools, pyramid schemes,
    and solicitations are strictly forbidden."

If Dennis has a problem with my post, I'm sure he will let me know about it. He is quite vocal and seems to have omnipresence when his site is concerned.

McA
    You committed slander by saying I was spamming, when I doubt you even know the meaning of spam. Also, if you think my asking for information falls under #7, then almost everyone is guilty since we are all here to solicit information from others. I owe you no explaination for what my motives are other than they are not to sell anything. It is none of your business. The forum rules protect me from being attacked by people like you. Please cease and desist.

Thanks
    Chats
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by steves View Post
    You committed slander by saying I was spamming, when I doubt you even know the meaning of spam. Also, if you think my asking for information falls under #7, then almost everyone is guilty since we are all here to solicit information from others. I owe you no explaination for what my motives are other than they are not to sell anything. It is none of your business. The forum rules protect me from being attacked by people like you. Please cease and desist.
    Steves...these guys are my freinds and you need to cease this now or face being banned before we get to know you. You may be a nice guy,so please dont push this any futher..Thanks
    DTT

Thanks
    Chats
    Groans

Steve, what are your intentions with the requested information? I am not accusing you of anything, but feel I'd like to know more before I recommend anyone. TNX

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,024 Times in 489 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 13 Times in 12 Posts

A few comments from the peanut gallery:

1. http://www.njflyfishing.com/vBulleti...searchid=12105

All of those posts have no replies. The vast majority of them are directly related with fishing. I see one called, "Brown Drakes" and another, "Port Jervis Lodging", and a ton of others that have no replies. Instead of replying to this guys thread rather than just ignoring it, how about taking the time out to reply to one of the threads that you might be able to help someone with? Just my opinion.

2. Steves asked for contact information for guides. I honestly don't see why this public information would be considered spam. It's not like he could have looked in the phonebook for this stuff. Sure he could have googled it, but he chose to come here and ask. Maybe I misunderstood his question?

Anyhow, Steves... I'll leave it up to you to sort through the ones who don't work directly out of a shop. I think you'll find that many guides who do work out of a shop would be more than happy to book a trip privately (no shop involved).

Not for nothing, the forum name where this was posted is, "East Coast Guides". He even took the time out to search for the appropriate forum to post his question in.

Here's a list for NJ Guides:

http://www.state.nj.us/dep/fgw/guidelst.htm

And here's a list for NY/PA/NJ

http://www.nps.gov/upde/planyourvisit/fishingguides.htm

Hope that helps.

Pictures taken before/after/during fly fishing:
    http://dcabarle.smugmug.com/Sports/F...79119552_XXeHe

Thanks
    Chats
    Groans

Dennis- Admit it! You just wanted to show off your cool embedded webpage in a post trick.

Just my 2 cents, but I don't think anyone committed any slander here, and we should all watch what terms are bandied about when we're referring to each other. Perhaps "spam" was an inaccurate description, but slander is a big accusation.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information