Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

New to Bergen county

Hi guys I just moved from Springfield to Oradell, and just wondering if there are any good locations here in bergen county. I usually fished at the KLG, Musky, and Pequest. I don't mind driving back to these locations but if there is something good in this area I would check it out. Thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Chats
    Groans

Re: New to Bergen county

Send a PM to FlyTier. He know this area well and may be able to point you in the right direction. Good luck.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Chats
    Groans

Trout Unlimited is scheduled to stock the Ramapo River on November 11, 2006 from the Glen Gray Bridge in Mahwah down to Britt's bait and tackle in Oakland. Although I do not have their current stocking information, they usually dump about 300-400 large (over 16") rainbows and browns. They will take surface midges throughout the winter on those nice 40 degree days in the late fall and winter. The fishing lasts until the following opening day(April) and once the killers swoop in, leave it alone until November again. Bear Swamp Creek in Mahwah has small but very colorful wild brook trout and the Saddle River holds tons of hold over fish because it doesn't get much pressure in the residential areas.

Green Highlander

Khan is offline Fishizzle, I use worms but I'm looking to upgrade!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Chats
    Groans

Two other spots are the upper wanaque(fed by greenwood lake) and ringwood brook, very nice spots once crowds thin out. Both are freestone and clear and within a 15-30 minute drive of oradell via 17. In season the hackensack river, pascack brook and tienekill have a put and take fishery but the scenery and water quality are definite negatives. Also check out the oradell reservoir, not for flyfishing so much as for regular bait lure fishing. Get a permit and check it out. They stocked the reservoir with hybrid stripers to stop the fishkills and I hear they have really taken to the place. Good luck.

Thread Information