Royal Wulff Products
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Thanks
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 1 Time in 1 Post

Re: Delaware River Crisis Looms

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Spinner View Post
    My wife made me turn the heat back on in the house last night. No complaints about cold, wet weather this year. But I could use 2,000 cfs less water up there by tomorrow if that's not too much to ask...
    Well, you're a bit of a dry fly purist, right? So that makes sense. I'm more or less the same. Love throwing streamers at the banks early in the season, but at this point in the spring, lower flows are definitely more fun. A lot more water becomes dry fly water when you get down below 2000 cfs on either tailwater.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to mudbug201 For This Useful Post:

Rusty Spinner (06-07-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,548 Times in 982 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 24 Times in 23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mudbug201 View Post
    Well, you're a bit of a dry fly purist, right? So that makes sense. I'm more or less the same. Love throwing streamers at the banks early in the season, but at this point in the spring, lower flows are definitely more fun. A lot more water becomes dry fly water when you get down below 2000 cfs on either tailwater.
    I'm a dry fly purist on the upper D. Most anywhere else like here in NJ, I do whatever is required to catch those dumb stockies. But I draw the line at flies like squirminators and mop flies. I just can't bring myself to tie or fish them. They work, but so do worms and corn.....

Rick Axt who still lurks here and used to post here just called from the Shehawkin ramp. The river is all the way up to the top and ripping, but is clearing. Visibility now at about 2' whereas yesterday it was Yoohoo chocolate. Hard to say how far it will drop and clear between now and Friday when I am floating with bracycentrus and another buddy of mine.

A sinking fly is closer to Hell - ​Unknown

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 486 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 13 Times in 12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Spinner View Post
    I'm a dry fly purist on the upper D. Most anywhere else like here in NJ, I do whatever is required to catch those dumb stockies. But I draw the line at flies like squirminators and mop flies. I just can't bring myself to tie or fish them. They work, but so do worms and corn.....

Rick Axt who still lurks here and used to post here just called from the Shehawkin ramp. The river is all the way up to the top and ripping, but is clearing. Visibility now at about 2' whereas yesterday it was Yoohoo chocolate. Hard to say how far it will drop and clear between now and Friday when I am floating with bracycentrus and another buddy of mine.
    Rick is a super nice guy. He should start posting again, I think he'd have a lot to add.

Pictures taken before/after/during fly fishing:
    http://dcabarle.smugmug.com/Sports/F...79119552_XXeHe

5. The Following User Says Thank You to dcabarle For This Useful Post:

Rusty Spinner (06-07-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,548 Times in 982 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 24 Times in 23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dcabarle View Post
    Rick is a super nice guy. He should start posting again, I think he'd have a lot to add.
    Hear that Axt??? You're retired, you have nothing better to do than post on NEFF to keep us amused! See you Friday...

A sinking fly is closer to Hell - ​Unknown

Thanks
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

Is it just me...or is the real WB river crisis the lack of any fishing reports on either the WB or the Mainstem this year. Thinking back 15 years, this site used to be about how things were going: ie the hatch situation, the onset of the dreaded green slime, the status of juvenile fish in the river, and how far up river the rainbows had progressed. The lack of such discussion makes me wonder..

8. The Following User Says Thank You to oasis man For This Useful Post:

MACFLY (06-19-2017)

Thanks
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 12 Times in 12 Posts

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by oasis man View Post
    Is it just me...or is the real WB river crisis the lack of any fishing reports on either the WB or the Mainstem this year. Thinking back 15 years, this site used to be about how things were going: ie the hatch situation, the onset of the dreaded green slime, the status of juvenile fish in the river, and how far up river the rainbows had progressed. The lack of such discussion makes me wonder..
    About the site or the river, don't worry about the site...no one looks at it...

"I'm not out on the river to win." -Kieth Rutherford

10. The Following User Says Thank You to lightenup For This Useful Post:

Rusty Spinner (06-20-2017)

Thanks
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by oasis man View Post

Jack-It's been a while, hope all is well.I'll never forget the day you and I across from each other stacked and packed fish all day long on the WB. You where using the Gallup Cripple.My Dorothea box and Olives are well stocked with those patterns.

Only a very small % of the alleged Fly-Fisherman care and really know what is happening up there.

A few of my Die hard buddies and I get together and talk about everything you've brought up and than some..We of course fish as well that day,

As I'm sure you know the WB is not what it used to be -Many issues.

BTW everyone It's June 23 and there is still plenty of water and they didn't go to 45 CFS.

Joe.T

Thanks
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

Joe,
    Oh those were the days....Kelly's cripple has landed some big fish for me over the years, the last one of note two years ago during the Hendrickson hatch in the game lands. ( I would have won the one-fly contest had it been one day later.) Glad you are still out there...hope to get up to the WB at least once this year, but life has become complicated...
    Jack

Thanks
    Thanked 1,637 Times in 941 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 82 Times in 67 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mudbug201 View Post
    Jeez. You guys are like the exaggeration police.
    You also care.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3154.JPG 
Views:	10 
Size:	20.7 KB 
ID:	12521  

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information