Delaware River Club
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
    Thanks
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 3 Times in 3 Posts

Re: Ramapo River Restoration Project Moves Along

They're televising council meetings again. I heard it, but I'm wondering if senility and wishful thinking took over....

1. The councilman who was "handling" the river restoration, as the flood commission liaison, resigned for an (apparently) unrelated reason.

2. A nomination was about to be made to appoint someone to fill his unexpired term.

3. A motion was made to "table" the issue but was defeated.

4. This is where I wonder if I heard correctly..... One of the actors that we considered a "good guy" was nominated, and approved with only one dissenting vote.... If he accepts it, and goes to Borough Hall to fill out some paperwork, we may have a new Flood Commission liaison on the council.

I'm waiting to see it in writing before I mention his name, and decide I'm not demented....yet.
    ~~~~~EDIT 1:09 PM ~~~~
    Just watched the re-run of the council meeting.
    Unless my dementia is working overtime...

The name was definitely "Lew Levy". The former Flood Committee chairman who resigned over the way this project was handled.

I wonder if they checked to see if he would accept?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Pete For This Useful Post:

Rusty Spinner (1 Week Ago)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,548 Times in 982 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 24 Times in 23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    They're televising council meetings again. I heard it, but I'm wondering if senility and wishful thinking took over....

1. The councilman who was "handling" the river restoration, as the flood commission liaison, resigned for an (apparently) unrelated reason.

2. A nomination was about to be made to appoint someone to fill his unexpired term.

3. A motion was made to "table" the issue but was defeated.

4. This is where I wonder if I heard correctly..... One of the actors that we considered a "good guy" was nominated, and approved with only one dissenting vote.... If he accepts it, and goes to Borough Hall to fill out some paperwork, we may have a new Flood Commission liaison on the council.

I'm waiting to see it in writing before I mention his name, and decide I'm not demented....yet.
    ~~~~~EDIT 1:09 PM ~~~~
    Just watched the re-run of the council meeting.
    Unless my dementia is working overtime...

The name was definitely "Lew Levy". The former Flood Committee chairman who resigned over the way this project was handled.

I wonder if they checked to see if he would accept?
    Looks like the good guy is on council! About the only good thing to come out of this debacle for me personally has been getting to know the "good guy" and the Borough's emergency management coordinator who is the other good guy in all of this. Bur your town screwed the pooch by rehiring your engineer although I know I'm preaching to the choir. Let's see where Good Guy # 1 takes this from here. The winning bidder has submitted two permits, withdrawing the 1st one long ago. Their 2nd submission is on day 161 (of a normal 90 days) which tells you everything you need to know about how that is going. We submitted a permit yesterday for a TU project on the Musky. I guarantee I have my permit by mid February while the Ramapo permit app continues to click on day after day without being issued. And no, I don't have any inside info because I don't need to. I can't see the NJDEP awarding an unqualified company with a restoration permit for more than 2 miles of a flood prone river system above an Army Corp flood control project.

A sinking fly is closer to Hell - ​Unknown

Thanks
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

Does this mean that giant pile of boulders will sit in the parking lot forever?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to tompg For This Useful Post:

Rusty Spinner (1 Week Ago)

Thanks
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tompg View Post
    I'm not sure one person will make much of a difference.

The vote to choose Weniger was unanimous. When Lew takes his seat, there will only be two relatively new councilpersons who didn't vote for it. When Sandra's term ends, there will be another.

On the bright side, appointing Lew may indicate that some of them are having second thoughts.

We've been assured that if the project dies, the rocks will be removed, but as time passes, promises can be forgotten.

Thanks
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 5 Times in 5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tompg View Post
    I click the mouse and highlight a lot when I'm reading on the comp - didnt mean to "dislike" your post tom - just dont know how to undo it :-/

**EDIT** figured it out, but now i dont know how to delete this post - I think I should step away from the computer

Thanks
    Chats
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Thursthouse View Post
    I click the mouse and highlight a lot when I'm reading on the comp - didnt mean to "dislike" your post tom - just dont know how to undo it :-/

**EDIT** figured it out, but now i dont know how to delete this post - I think I should step away from the computer

Thanks
    Chats
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I'm not sure one person will make much of a difference.

The vote to choose Weniger was unanimous. When Lew takes his seat, there will only be two relatively new councilpersons who didn't vote for it. When Sandra's term ends, there will be another.

On the bright side, appointing Lew may indicate that some of them are having second thoughts.

We've been assured that if the project dies, the rocks will be removed, but as time passes, promises can be forgotten.
    They shouldn't just let it die, they should disqualify Weniger once he can't get the permit and then do an invite only bid to only qualified river restoration firms. Of course there is not a single NJ company that fits that bill, but there are plenty of us from out of state that will. That said, they will f*ck that up most likely as well, since firms would need a special NJ registry that guarantees the Borough that the firms will pay prevailing wages, but it takes 6+ weeks to get that registration and the Borough will likely require bids within 30 days. If you don't have the registration, your bid is automatically disqualified. That is what happened to us when I worked for "brand X".

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Thread Information