Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 3 Times in 3 Posts

Re: India Brook dewatering

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Spinner View Post
    Sounds like Ralston Field off old route 24 which is the NBR. Just west of Roxiticus Road in Mendham Twp. (not Borough). It's the town fields behind their old fire house.
    not a particularly great part of the NBR either. At least in my experience.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to tompg For This Useful Post:

Rusty Spinner (10-08-2019)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts
    Chats
    Groans

There is a WTS in Mendham known to have naturally reproducing brooks, browns, and rainbows. Nice little treasure. hope nobody diverts that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,024 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 26 Times in 25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tompg View Post
    not a particularly great part of the NBR either. At least in my experience.
    We are doing a small project there next year. It will give you a couple of nice pools and one run as I recall of our design. Private land, but landowners love anglers fishing behind their house there. Ralston field area just downstream a few houses from the bridge over rt4 off Roxiticus Rd.

A sinking fly is closer to Hell - ​Unknown

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts
    Chats
    Groans

that's pretty cool news about the project and land owner sentiment. now I just need to work on Schiff and the Raritan Owners Assoc. that's some nice water.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to tompg For This Useful Post:

Rusty Spinner (10-09-2019)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,024 Posts
    Chats
    Groans

that's pretty cool news about the project and land owner sentiment. now I just need to work on Schiff and the Raritan Owners Assoc. that's some nice water.
    The problem you have with both of those entities are the number of blue bloods living in that valley. They fiercely protect their lifestyle in that area. I know many of the players through doing river work there over the years and through my church in Peapack-Gladstone. They don't want "outsiders" around. That's the playground for the rich and famous and has been for over a hundred years.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts
    Chats
    Groans

The problem you have with both of those entities are the number of blue bloods living in that valley. They fiercely protect their lifestyle in that area. I know many of the players through doing river work there over the years and through my church in Peapack-Gladstone. They don't want "outsiders" around. That's the playground for the rich and famous and has been for over a hundred years.
    I know it well. Raritan Owners did cede come land to Schiff. I bet a tax break for a public easement would be interesting to some. Blue Bloods hate paying property tax.

JackieO's dog tried to chase me off my moped back there one day decades ago. Around the same time I got caught fishing under the mosle road bridge. It was bit further upstream and one lane at the time.

Lots of trout history. I heard once about a particular house with trout runs in the basement or garage. A private little hatchery. I still fill up my water bottle at a near by spring when I pass through.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to tompg For This Useful Post:

Rusty Spinner (10-10-2019)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    316 Posts
    Chats
    Groans

Rusty, I hope you are going to chop a nice path through all that multiflora. It's a little tough crawling under it on the deer runs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,024 Posts
    Chats
    Groans

I know it well. Raritan Owners did cede come land to Schiff. I bet a tax break for a public easement would be interesting to some. Blue Bloods hate paying property tax.

JackieO's dog tried to chase me off my moped back there one day decades ago. Around the same time I got caught fishing under the mosle road bridge. It was bit further upstream and one lane at the time.

Lots of trout history. I heard once about a particular house with trout runs in the basement or garage. A private little hatchery. I still fill up my water bottle at a near by spring when I pass through.
    As you know, every one of those properties is farmland assessed in that valley. You are right about taxes and blue bloods. But Raritan Associates is a loose club of large landowners and locals in that valley, and they fiercely protect their privacy. They have some wild trout and also stock the river for their own fishing. It's the land of the Percy Chubb's of the world, walking the river with a fistfull of Paynes and Leonards with matching Hardy reels in pursuit of a trout.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    716 Posts
    Chats
    Groans
    Groaned 12 Times in 12 Posts

As you know, every one of those properties is farmland assessed in that valley. You are right about taxes and blue bloods. But Raritan Associates is a loose club of large landowners and locals in that valley, and they fiercely protect their privacy. They have some wild trout and also stock the river for their own fishing. It's the land of the Percy Chubb's of the world, walking the river with a fistfull of Paynes and Leonards with matching Hardy reels in pursuit of a trout.
    They are a blast to fish with, and know all the good spots!!!!

"I'm not out on the river to win." -Kieth Rutherford

Thread Information